Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

when and where National BKV

Views : 2698

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 20:33   #11
brens-s80
VOC Member

Thumbs up many thanks

Hi alec,

thanks for all the links and I can get started on planning the trip. Erling did I read you right in that you maybe coming over as well ?. If so I may get to buying you that pint I owe you for all your help.

look forward to seeing you all over here.

brendan
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 21:55   #12
Ben O Brien

Hi Brendan,

I will be heading over too most probably in the 240 if your interested in a convoy!

Sure we will talk more at the event!

Cheers
Ben

*WTD: Rare 240/242 Parts, please pm if you have anything*
Ben O Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 22:48   #13
gary austin

Angry bkv vs northern bkv

in reply to the national in york,it is a far larger event and it also allows some of the northern members to come down and show off what a volvo looks like after its spent its life in the real rain and snow amongst some of those southern cars ,but alot of us up hear dont moan when we came all the way to rutland water last year its all part of the fun sleaping in a field in a tent see you all at york and maybe at the northern also cheers gary
gary austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 23:19   #14
brens-s80
VOC Member

Thumbs up hi ben

hi,

ya that would be great :-D . depending on how ivor's fixed he may make the convoy as well.
tlk soon

brendan
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 14:57   #15
locky2306

I will be traveling down from Scotland for this, my first BKV, so look forward to seeing you all there!

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 15:35   #16
Matthews 855 T5
Master Member

I think its great for owners to bring their cars especially those travelling long distances as this is surely a large (and in some cases prohibitive) cost factor.

It does seem to attract the spit an polish brigade and a fine job they do of keeping and presenting their cars in immaculate condition but what about the other group of owners whose cars provide a means to a living. In Yorkshire many Volvo's are run buy farmers etc with worn out interiors and motors that last for years.

So how about a 'most used Volvo' category for the owner who carries dead sheep, oily engines, sacks of feed, bales of straw, paint, bricks, kids, coffee, Mcdonalds wrappers etc???

PM
Matthews 855 T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 15:47   #17
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprancingmoose View Post
I think its great for owners to bring their cars especially those travelling long distances as this is surely a large (and in some cases prohibitive) cost factor.

It does seem to attract the spit an polish brigade and a fine job they do of keeping and presenting their cars in immaculate condition but what about the other group of owners whose cars provide a means to a living. In Yorkshire many Volvo's are run buy farmers etc with worn out interiors and motors that last for years.

So how about a 'most used Volvo' category for the owner who carries dead sheep, oily engines, sacks of feed, bales of straw, paint, bricks, kids, coffee, Mcdonalds wrappers etc???

PM
Hi, there are a number of people who organise this event working the whole year in preparing everything led by John Griffiths. We had 102 Volvos in the main event last year, of these 39 were first time entries. Information will be posted about the event in a while. The matter of judging and classes is best raised with somebody who is responsible for organising the event. I would suggest PMing Chris Wickers who will be able to give you some advice on the BKV (clwickers).

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

Last edited by IC; Jan 7th, 2007 at 15:51.
IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 19:01   #18
JOHN ROBERTS

Default re sutten park

hi there do u need tickets for this meet if so does any body know were i can get them from please is there disabled parking thanks guys&girls love to go cheers john
JOHN ROBERTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 19:27   #19
Audrey Old
VOC Member

Default Volvo BKV - the Southern version

In response to "Paul the 222S Amazoniste" and Steve "STE-MAL", there HAS been a Southern version of the BKV for a number of years now, but without the "B" at the beginning!
Jack Cluer used to run an annual Volvo 140 gathering in Sussex, but with the decline in numbers of 140s these last few years it has been open to other Volvo's. I have attended in my 122S for three years, as has my partner in his 164 and several others of the Sussex Section of the VOC.
However, this event isn't a 'spit-and-polish' show, more of a friendly gathering - there is no competitive element to any of it, but there is usually some Volvo autojumble. Thats the way most visitors like it and have asked for it to continue to be, so it is!
Last year it was at Bentley Priory, a few miles north of Eastbourne: that site has a very interesting car museum, a stately house, tea-rooms and a large wildfowl collection, so something for everybody. This year it is alternating back to its other venue, Michelham Priory, which is in the same part of the country. It SHOULD be advertised in the next "Driver", but by reading this you know that you MUST plan to come here, on Sunday June 3rd.
As Jack is sadly no longer on the Board of Directors the mantle is being waved by the Sussex Section, but the variety of turnout already planned will be even better than last year, where we had Volvo's ranging from the PV444 to the latest dealers models, via several Amazons, 140s, 1800s, 240s and lots of newer models.
Watch out for the ad in the next "Driver" and come and join us!

Audrey Old
Sussex Section of the VOC
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 10:36   #20
STE-MAL
You Can't Beat A Swede

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN ROBERTS View Post
hi there do u need tickets for this meet if so does any body know were i can get them from please is there disabled parking thanks guys&girls love to go cheers john
You dont need tickets, but if you want to enter your car in the arena, you do have to be a V.O.C member.
Hope to see you their
2017 V40 T-3 Inscription Auto
STE-MAL is offline   Reply With Quote