Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

parts for 940

Views : 2109

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 17:33   #1
greg

Being new to volvos can anyone help. Can parts from a 740 fit a 940, I am thinking tow bar and mirrors in particular. Mine is a 940 1991 estate. Thanks
Old Jul 7th, 2002, 19:36   #2
George Holmer

This is really a matter of a case by case. Mirrors, both external and interior mirrors do fit, towbars I suspect fit. Other things will fit but will need different plugs or similar. Other things, like front parts, will not fit. In general, most things do fit but you will need to check each part individually.

George

'87 745 GLE Turbodiesel Intercooler
'89 440 GL 1.7
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:28   #3
johndglynn

Default RE: parts for 940

George,
Isn't there a problem with 900 mirrors going to the window-sill on the door and the 700 mirrors stopping at a chrome trim some way higher (or vice versa), someone once told me they wouldn't fit, can't remember who it was
I think the towbars fit ok, there seem to be a few 940 ones available at the minute secondhand
Cheers
JG

johndglynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:08   #4
sheerwater
Master Member

Default RE: parts for 940

I believe the 940 and 740 are basically the same car but with cosmetic changes to bodywork etc and with newer fangled systems as the years passed. The towbar fixings are identical on my 940 and 740 but depending upon the shape of the small triangular bit on the side window will determine the mirror. Cheers Nigel
sheerwater is offline   Reply With Quote