Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Brembo Brakes

Views : 3302

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 5th, 2011, 12:18   #1
Britsud
Anycolouraslongasitsblack

Talking Brembo Brakes

Third xc90 and again got warped discs. So going to try some quality performance discs.

Just fitted drilled and vented Brembo discs all round . They came black hard coat treated . The pad contact will wear the coating away but the none contact area will stay black and stop the rusty disc look.

Personaly I have never been that happy with the Volvo dics as they corode badly and the India made pads are realy bad on brake dust so fitted brembo redstuff to match. £230 for full kit. Will post some pics with wheels on when bedded in.

Bri
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caravan 004.jpg (221.9 KB, 80 views)
2008my xc90 sport,Polestar 205bhp, Flip down DVD, Full intergrated phone volvo on call, RTI Satnav full post code, privacy glass, Winter pack, Family pack, calcite soft leather, .Bi-xenon active headlights, Brembo discs Redstuff Pads.
Britsud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 12:32   #2
GMad
Premier Member

I've got Brembo discs and pads on my S60 and have had them (standard fit) on several motorbikes. They've always worked well for me.
GMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 14:33   #3
essexbloke2008

They look great, just what i want to fit on my car
sorry cant pm you due to this stupid 30 post rule
but where did you purchase these brakes and what size discs have you fitted.
essexbloke2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 17:44   #4
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britsud View Post
Third xc90 and again got warped discs. So going to try some quality performance discs.

Just fitted drilled and vented Brembo discs all round . They came black hard coat treated . The pad contact will wear the coating away but the none contact area will stay black and stop the rusty disc look.

Personaly I have never been that happy with the Volvo dics as they corode badly and the India made pads are realy bad on brake dust so fitted brembo redstuff to match. £230 for full kit. Will post some pics with wheels on when bedded in.

Bri
They look the dogs nuts. I painted mine with black hammerite before fitting and this has helped reduce the bad corrosion that the volvo discs inherently suffer with. Would love to know where you got the brembo discs and redstuffs from for that price, could you pm me the details please? Thanks
bobdabuilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 12:25   #5
Britsud

Talking

I have had these a while , I bought them to fit on my previous 06 exec but that car was written off and they never got fitted.

I recently fitted a set of discs to the wifes MGTF ,I tried to locate the company but they seem to have changed there name and doing there own product now of which look identical to me. Obviously they were a previous brembo supplier so i would imagine the brakes they are now producing are of the same quality. www.mtecbrakes.co.uk They still do free postage and the treated system for all our models

My car is fitted with the larger 336/30 front disc as was my previous exec. The smaller brakes are 316/28 . The backs are all the same on all models. Just ring or pm them as they only list to 2006 on website but they do all years

Hope this helps and its an easy job painting the callipers at the same time they look so much better. Bestgear did a very good how to on here some time back (Articals)

I just cleaned the handbrake pads and springs as they were still perfect.

They are not quite scrubbed in yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel 001.jpg (186.0 KB, 50 views)
2008my xc90 sport,Polestar 205bhp, Flip down DVD, Full intergrated phone volvo on call, RTI Satnav full post code, privacy glass, Winter pack, Family pack, calcite soft leather, .Bi-xenon active headlights, Brembo discs Redstuff Pads.

Last edited by Britsud; Mar 6th, 2011 at 12:42.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Britsud For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 14:14   #6
SED5

They really do look great but are you sure they are genuine Brembo ? the reason I ask is that I was quoted £170 for Volvo replacement discs and pads for the front only, my brother who has an Evo 8 paid a discounted £200 for just the Brembo pads without discs.......can I ask where you bought them...

cheers
Mike
SED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 14:43   #7
Britsud

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SED5 View Post
They really do look great but are you sure they are genuine Brembo ? the reason I ask is that I was quoted £170 for Volvo replacement discs and pads for the front only, my brother who has an Evo 8 paid a discounted £200 for just the Brembo pads without discs.......can I ask where you bought them...

cheers
Mike
SED
The ones in the pictures are genuine brembo not copies , I have had these for some time but my xc has only covered 26k miles now so did not feel the need to fit to soon. As I stated the supplying company seems to have gone on there own but there product is outstanding quality also the TF ones came with mintex redbox pads.
The Following User Says Thank You to Britsud For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 21:08   #8
SED5

Thumbs up

Thanks Britsud, I did a bit of googling and came up with this site, the prices are amazing when you consider they are Brembo, thanks for bringing them to my attention I am definatley going to consider them when I replace mine in a few thousand miles

many thanks
Mike

www.nextdaybrakes.com
SED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SED5 For This Useful Post: