Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking a 2002 Phase 2 V40 sport 2l

Views : 26418

Replies : 339

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 22:07   #11
gatos
Premier Member

Hey all and thanks for replies. I came back from work a while ago, so I will need to look at the condition of every item. I am not going to selll anything to anyone that I wouldn't buy myself. Lets hope the weather is good tomorrow so I can go take a few things out. I Will reply to each question by tomorrow afternoon. I am not a professional "car breaking dude" and I am doing this for the fun of it. So please don't be offended on annoyed if my replys are early morning or late evenings.
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 06:33   #12
Dean1985
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfedex View Post
Hi..Are the headlights twin reflector,with the black bezel???If so,how much for passenger headlight??many thks Steve
You can see it is in the 2nd pic. A twin headlight with the black bezel with the chrome rings.
Dean1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 08:01   #13
sjfedex

Hi Again,
Sorry missed the picture..looks like the headlight i need..Passenger headlight complete..how much please???Please PM me with cost and your location...rgds Steve
sjfedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 10:18   #14
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Hi Again,
Sorry missed the picture..looks like the headlight i need..Passenger headlight complete..how much please???Please PM me with cost and your location...rgds Steve
Sun is shinning today but not sure for how long. I am going to go outside now and check everything. I can confirm that the passngers headlight and indicator are intact. I just need to check that the mirrors inside move properly and all is fine. The glass has the usual wear and tear. I live in East London / Essex, very near Upney Station on the district line. Off to the car now. Back in a couple of hours

Nullius in Verba
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 10:55   #15
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tch1987 View Post
Hi there,

Can you check the drivers side wing for what sort of washer motor it has lol should be easy to see without a bumper! Looking for the orange capped sort with a rounded plug.

Also, what condition is the backbox in?
The washer motor it the blue one. But I am going to check now if the plug can be removed so I can post it to you.

What is a backbox? SOrry for my ignorance

Quote:
Originally Posted by marccowley View Post
Hi, how much for the tow bar, radio, all 4 outer door handles, front grill, and dash clocks! i think thats it, seperately please!
Door handles are reserved for littlehomer and GaryS40 as they have been looking for those for ages and where the first to ask.
I was planning in keeping the grille for myself, but it is broken in various places and is not good for use. Volvo has made sure they made them as fragile as possible and as brittle as a biscuit
What do you mean by dash clocks? You mean the instrument panel with the speedo etc, or the main console where the climate controls, stereo etc are?

What is a good price for a tow bar? It is an original Volvo and comes ith the plug etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringle_addict View Post
Hi, what interior does it have - looks like off black leather, if so could you quote for all seats. Also , if it has piano black trim, could you quote for the passenger door card?

Thanks
Yes it is black leather but has been soaked in water. I was planning in keeping it myself, but I am not sure now. I need to check the condition of the foam underneath. But I would not sell it to anyone in the condition it is atm without reconditioning the leather. Yes it is the piano trim. will check condition and let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
Interested in the drivers side rear caliper if its in good condition?, let me know a price
It is there will take it out and check it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechakev View Post
front indicators, how much
only have passenegers indicator. Drivers side is in 10000 pieces...

Nullius in Verba

Last edited by gatos; Jun 18th, 2011 at 10:58.
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 15:23   #16
marccowley

I mean the speedo and rev counter to see if itd work in my older car, i dont know what a good price for the towbar is. Marc
marccowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 20:42   #17
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

thanks gatos
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 21:31   #18
Bobzilla
V40 2003 ('53)

Evening!

How much for the rear boot spoiler + postage to a UK address?

Could be interested in towbar too, but will happily stand in line behind the other interested party.

Many thanks!
Bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 19:58   #19
sjfedex

Hi Again,
Will have the passenger H/light...cost please.will pay you on collection..rgds Steve
sjfedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 20:03   #20
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Hi Again,
Will have the passenger H/light...cost please.will pay you on collection..rgds Steve
Hi Steve

Just took out of the car. WIll post photo in a while and price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzilla View Post
Evening!

How much for the rear boot spoiler + postage to a UK address?

Could be interested in towbar too, but will happily stand in line behind the other interested party.

Many thanks!
Anadinolin asked first. I will pm him and see if he is still interested. If not it is yours.

The weather has been pretty much crap and the car is outdoors and it is hard to work on it sometimes

Nullius in Verba