Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Intermittent

Views : 390

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 11th, 2018, 14:43   #1
Staghound

Default Intermittent

Hello I own a 2005 XC70 200,000 miles lovely car. Just started having intermittent red triangle warning light car dies. my local volvo garage are foxed does anyone have any ideas? They kindly wrote an email to me.
We have fitted a used injection pump today and two reconditioned injectors to test from a vehicle we know not to have any known faults. Our first attempt to road test the vehicle got to the first roundabout before going into limp mode. We returned the vehicle and checked the repairs with no fault found so cleared fault codes. We then took out for second road test but again vehicle lost power before entering second roundabout. There is a permanent fault code for ECM-2505 FUEL PRESSURE – TOO LOW PRESSURE also ECM-1300 MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR SIGNAL- SIGNAL TOO HIGH.

Compression test on cylinders Result: Passed.

Parameter/ Fuel quantity correction cylinder 5 33.86mm3
Parameter/ Fuel quantity correction cylinder 4 0mm3
Parameter/ Fuel quantity correction cylinder 3 6.14mm3
Parameter/ Fuel quantity correction cylinder 2 5.23mm3
Parameter/ Fuel quantity correction cylinder 1 7.06mm3

Without replacing the injection pump, injectors, control module and fault tracing through the whole fuel system and network we can not confirm source of fault.
Staghound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 17:27   #2
Joe Harding
Premier Member

MAF sensor? What figures are being read?
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 17:42   #3
Staghound

Default intermittent

Thank you Joe,
The MAF is described as showing readings between parameters.
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 17:59   #4
Simon Jones
Premier Member

You've posted in the 2007 onwards section. A kind moderator will probably be along to move it shortly, but in the meantime, the correct section can be found here: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19

It's always worth mentioning what engine you have as there are several variants. I would guess its a diesel engine but I could be wrong. Any history to this fault? Has it always done this or is it something that has developed, perhaps as a result of some other event that occurred.
2001 V70 D5 - sold
2000 V70 Classic 2.4 - sold
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 02:07   #5
Staghound

Many thanks Simon.
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 09:12   #6
Model flyer
Master Member

Re the low fuel pressure warning. Has the fuel filter been changed / checked ? I know a garage should check this first but it has been overlooked before and will give symptoms you describe . Also the low pressure pump in the tank can also fail giving similar symptoms

Previous Volvos 740 GLE . V40 CD ,V70 2.4 SE LPT.V70 D5 P2. V70 D5 Se Lux P3. Current Jaguar XF Sportbrake but still like Volvos
Model flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 11:12   #7
Staghound

hi thank you. Both the fuel filter and pump have been replaced hoses checked for crimps all ok.