Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 MY14 2.0 D4 Man SE Lux Nav

Views : 1028

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 11th, 2016, 16:28   #1
Wobbly

Default XC60 MY14 2.0 D4 Man SE Lux Nav

I've been smitten by the V90 and am thinking of selling my current car. I'd like to gauge interest to see if I can make the numbers work.

I ordered this car new as a company car (registered 29 July 2013) and subsequently bought it from my employers leasing company. Manufacturer warranty expired in July, but there is a Leaseplan guarantee warranty scheme in place until 29 July 2017. It seems to cover lots, more so than a typical reseller warranty. That's a big part in my thinking - selling the car with a warranty is obviously a better proposition.

The spec: It's painted in Seashell, with the beige leather/black carpets interior G10B.
  • Sunroof
  • DSP
  • Front parking sensors,
  • Reverse camera,
  • Volvo detachable towbar,
  • Premium sound,
  • Family pack,
  • Winter pack, with the active / bendy Xenons
  • Rear seat entertainment 2,
  • Modern wood centre panel,
  • Self levelling suspension,
  • Privacy glass,
  • Heated windscreen( I can't remember what's standard or not).
  • 18" Zephyrus wheels (no spare). Tyres are good (fronts were replaced recently - all Conti's). No dings on the alloys.

The car also has the front bumper bar that Volvo sell as part of the styling kit.

I also have a set of Volvo 17 inch alloys (they're a 6 spoke design that I can't see on the Volvo website) with the Pirelli scorpion winter tyres on - they wouldn't need to be part of the sale as I could easily sell them on. Tyres have lots of tread and alloys are undamaged.

Mileage is currently 46.5k, everything serviced by Volvo.

The condition of the car is very good - it gets pampered. The leather is in generally good, clean condition - I treat it a couple of times per year. There is, however, 1 small area of damage where something caught the read door armrest - it's in a fairly inconspicuous place and is smaller than a 5p piece.

There's also 1 small parking ding quite low down on the door - again, smaller than a 5p. Other than that it's a very tidy car - I doubt it's perfect but suspect a dealer would wash it and put it on a forecourt.

Volvo dealer has also fitted the Tom Tom 510 option because my wife has the same unit (and hates Volvo's sat nav). It's mounted to the bottom of the A pillar and could be removed easily enough, but it's a nice addition - I now use it instead of Volvo's. The traffic is much better.

If I've forgotten anything about the spec I'll add it.

Extras that I'd throw in are the folding boot mat, there are storage nets fitted to both sides of the boot (really handy, those), and a Bury System 9 car kit fitted using a no drill dash bracket (by a good auto electrician) . Charges your phone via an interchangeable cradle (I probably have most iPhone cradles). I also have the latest version of the booster seat covers with backrest and head restraint cover. Tire's a pair of Thule Edge roof bars too. oh.. and the sunglasses holder.

I'd like £22k for the car - do you think I'd get it?
Old Nov 11th, 2016, 17:12   #2
Xc60john
Xc60 Rdesign

July 2013 with 45000 private sale can't see it at that money but that is just my opinion
Xc60john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2016, 17:17   #3
Wobbly

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xc60john View Post
July 2013 with 45000 private sale can't see it at that money but that is just my opinion
Thank you - that's exactly what I wanted. If I do put it up for sale I want to price it realistically.
Old Nov 12th, 2016, 10:48   #4
wassap

Good spec, but its a few K to much for a dealer price, let alone a private sale imo
wassap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 09:18   #5
Wobbly

I'd appreciate some help on setting a realistic price - given that some people here have bought a car recently, what would you have realistically paid?

On line valuations (between £16 and £17k) don't reflect the spec of the car. I don't expect to recoup the total "extras" spend, I do expect it to nudge the price up.
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 11:20   #6
iain cooper

unfortunately you won't get more money for the extras, but will make the car more attractive to a private buyer, so likely to sell quicker.

Iain
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 13:42   #7
Xc60john
Xc60 Rdesign

It is depressing the depreciation on cars. I have litterly lost megga amounts of money over the years as I tend to get the itch to change every year. But I am determined I am not parting with this one he says after 2 months
Xc60john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 22:00   #8
janusz

In my experience online valuation is usually higher than sale price. You can wait of course for someone willing to pay asking price but how long for?
Also, car is 2.0 version rather than 2.4 what may be less attractive to some buyers given that it's a SUV after all. Volvo 2.0 engine isn't as brisk or efficient as that of BMW for example (my opinion).