Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ex police V70 sat nav screen

Views : 510

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 20th, 2019, 12:16   #1
Han solo

Default Ex police V70 sat nav screen

Hi all,
So, I've picked up a cracking 2012 V70 2.4d

Just trying to track down the correct infotainment screen, my local dealer very kindly emailed me the parts lists for the centre console and dashboard.
I've had a look on eBay etc and there appears to be many different part numbers for the screen itself, does anybody know if they are all much of a muchness?
For example will a V40 screen fit? Do the different part numbers relate to different screen sizes?
Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.
Han solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 13:18   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han solo View Post
Hi all,
So, I've picked up a cracking 2012 V70 2.4d

Just trying to track down the correct infotainment screen, my local dealer very kindly emailed me the parts lists for the centre console and dashboard.
I've had a look on eBay etc and there appears to be many different part numbers for the screen itself, does anybody know if they are all much of a muchness?
For example will a V40 screen fit? Do the different part numbers relate to different screen sizes?
Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.
the police version of the car was not made with the screen so the unique software will not allow one to work even if you fit it . best get a non volvo system and fit .
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 13:42   #3
Han solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
the police version of the car was not made with the screen so the unique software will not allow one to work even if you fit it . best get a non volvo system and fit .
thanks,
somebody told me on here that the police would have moved the satnav screen to the cupholder position and the anpr would of been in the dash, and the wiring just extended to that position, that does appear to be the case, the car does still have its original cd player in place so hopefully just a screen, just not sure which one.
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 13:46   #4
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Best open the dash up and have a look
Or connect VIDA - VIDA will tell you what your car is equipped with, and that will tell you what you can retrofit
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 13:55   #5
Han solo

Im going to do open heart surgery tomorrow and see what wiring i have to play with.
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 15:02   #6
Josh Wyatt

I think we touched on this in your other post, your V70 came with a 5” TFT screen. It was moved from the dash location, to the cup holder, with the wires extended. The only screen that will work is either the original screen or a new one from Volvo. They are coded to each other I.e the screen to the media unit, so a secondhand one will not work, even if it came from a near identical car.
I’ll upload some pictures later of the correct screen and how it would have been mounted.
Josh Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 16:21   #7
Han solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Wyatt View Post
I think we touched on this in your other post, your V70 came with a 5” TFT screen. It was moved from the dash location, to the cup holder, with the wires extended. The only screen that will work is either the original screen or a new one from Volvo. They are coded to each other I.e the screen to the media unit, so a secondhand one will not work, even if it came from a near identical car.
I’ll upload some pictures later of the correct screen and how it would have been mounted.
ah didnt realise they were paired, so i cant get a second hand one and get volvo to do some witchcraft
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 16:41   #8
Josh Wyatt

Sadly not, Volvo will refuse to recode or re-pair media units or screen! You’ll have to buy a new screen or track down the original screen, annoying I know!
Josh Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 19:49   #9
Han solo

i think ive found the phone number for herts fleet manager so might chance my arm and see if its sat in a bin somewhere.
failing that, is it going to be as simple as getting an adaptor loom to fit a double din stereo and would it be the leads on the back of the cd player id be attaching it to?