Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Only gone and done it....

Views : 594

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 19th, 2019, 00:48   #1
Theodoric

Default Only gone and done it....

Say Hello to "Viveca" Volvo. (Everything I have with an engine has a name)

I went off at a tangent after looking at 2 S60's that were lets say "not exactly as described" by their owners and stumbled across this 1 owner S40 08 plate about an hour away. FVSH, timing belt done 3 months ago and possibly 1000 miles ago 4 new branded tyres.

She's well equiped for what I want (xenon's would have been the cherry on top) and on the test drive I was very surprised how well it pulled and how comfortable she is considering 120.000 miles are on the clock. Everything worked as it should and I'm quite chuffed with her.

She won't win any beauty contests but she's going to be a work horse not a show pony.!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (213.4 KB, 49 views)
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Theodoric For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 19th, 2019, 17:19   #2
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoric View Post
Say Hello to "Viveca" Volvo. (Everything I have with an engine has a name)

I went off at a tangent after looking at 2 S60's that were lets say "not exactly as described" by their owners and stumbled across this 1 owner S40 08 plate about an hour away. FVSH, timing belt done 3 months ago and possibly 1000 miles ago 4 new branded tyres.

She's well equiped for what I want (xenon's would have been the cherry on top) and on the test drive I was very surprised how well it pulled and how comfortable she is considering 120.000 miles are on the clock. Everything worked as it should and I'm quite chuffed with her.

She won't win any beauty contests but she's going to be a work horse not a show pony.!!
I used to have the estate version, V50. They’re a nice drive, enjoy.

TT
Old Mar 19th, 2019, 21:06   #3
Theodoric

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
I used to have the estate version, V50. They’re a nice drive, enjoy.

TT
I did think on the test drive what you said about comfort and while it was only a few miles I was surprised how comfortable it was for such a "small car"

I have to make a run now and then to and from Rotterdam and while the S60 may have been more appropriate I genuinely think this will do the job just as well. I'm like a kid and can't wait for the train ride tomorrow to go and get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Theodoric For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 19th, 2019, 21:31   #4
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoric View Post
I did think on the test drive what you said about comfort and while it was only a few miles I was surprised how comfortable it was for such a "small car"

I have to make a run now and then to and from Rotterdam and while the S60 may have been more appropriate I genuinely think this will do the job just as well. I'm like a kid and can't wait for the train ride tomorrow to go and get it.
I had an S60 previously and I have to admit it felt like a comedown but once I got used to driving a smaller car with a far better turning circle and nippier handling I started to appreciate it. Our has been all over Ireland, Scotland, Cornwall etc etc giving me a fuel economy into the mid 50’s. I had a few issues but the car was 8yo when I bought it and the previous owner had been a bit sloppy with the maintenance. But and however, it was a good old workhorse

Enjoy your trip to Rotterdam, I spent time around Delft, Schipluiden and Den Horn many moons ago.

TT
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 05:41   #5
domhart10
Volvo S40

very nice looking car what engine is it?

Love those S40's and am on my second one here! had a black 2.0d Rdesign S40 which was great, when commuting mileage went down I switched and got the T5 but still in black so still pretty much looked the same which was nice.

Enjoy the car!

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 21:02   #6
Theodoric

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
very nice looking car what engine is it?

Love those S40's and am on my second one here! had a black 2.0d Rdesign S40 which was great, when commuting mileage went down I switched and got the T5 but still in black so still pretty much looked the same which was nice.

Enjoy the car!
It's the 2.0D S40 I've just discovered it does not have an AUX function although the point is there in the center consul and I am going to miss my DAB unless I can find a later head unit that has both built in? but it will do for what I have planned. My other car is a V12 so anything over 21mpg is a huge bonus.!!