Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 Turbo Est upgraded shocks / lowering springs anyone?

Views : 1423

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 19:34   #11
burstlikeabubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrali View Post
Hi mate, I need a couple of pholus alloys as 2 of mine are buckled. Even better if they're the ones with the goodyears/firestones as my tyres are all shiny and bright

Any ideas what you'd like for them as all 4 or as 2. TBH only need 2

Also are those kick plates, or stickers in the door sills, as if they're kick plates I'd be interested in those too.
I'm pretty sure they are stickers as I had a look myself

How bad are your ones are they badly buckled? Useable? Bad tyres?

If not make me an offer and you can always come and swap em over!
burstlikeabubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 11:07   #12
Chrali

Two have slight buckles enough for them to be on the MOT as advisories. When 1 was on the front the car would steer left and feel unbalanced. Looks like a flat spot, I image from kerbing but TBH as they're now at the back I don't really notice it, but itd be nice to have no advisories and it must still affect the refinement.

The tyres are all Runway Enduro, 2 look perished and low on tread, 2 reasonably new. As once the NSF wheel was moved to the back, that means both the perished ones are on the NS. (ie where water loiters in downpours). This brand of tyres has no good reviews, and feels like driving on ice in the wet installing 0% confidence for the press on driver, although thats probably true of lots of budget tyres.

The tyres and wheels are useable though and passed the MOT in Jan having covered less than 1 miles since.

Not looking to pay lots, because I gotta factor in a trip from deepest, darkest Norfolk and I don't drive a 14 year old car from choice In fact I dont drive it at all yet, its still on SORN.

I don't want to take the mickey, so do you have a figure in mind for 2, and for all 4?

Last edited by Chrali; Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:23.
Chrali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 21:50   #13
burstlikeabubble

Hi i might have to put a hold on the wheels for now as I know someone who is after the car to drive across Europe but it it all falls through i will let you know! I have changed quite a bit over from the car now so he may be put off we will have to see
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 22:45   #14
Chrali

OK no probs.
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 01:51   #15
rockheadrumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrali View Post
OK no probs.
I have pm'd you mate about some pholus wheels i have (or at least i think i have, i don't seem to have any sent messages!?) if burst can't sell you his.

joe
rockheadrumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 14:29   #16
skidje
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstlikeabubble View Post
Hi i might have to put a hold on the wheels for now as I know someone who is after the car to drive across Europe but it it all falls through i will let you know! I have changed quite a bit over from the car now so he may be put off we will have to see
If this car is broken I would like some bits please.....

Last edited by skidje; Jun 10th, 2012 at 14:32.
skidje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 05:24   #17
neilledgar

Default 940 wentworth for spares

Hi Guys, im just new to this forum, i livve near Lockerbie in South West Scotland (well someones got to) Ive just located and in the process of buying a very clean and tidy 940 Wentworth estate for spares. I need some interior parts, but i'll be making the rest of the car availible to all the members. Spares will be cheapas a favour to members, as long as i get back my original investment less the market value of the spares i need, i'll be happy. I will hopefully have the car this weekend, or the early part of next week, the current owner is having his stereo and dvd players and all other personal stuff removed this weekend, so it really down to him when i get the car. Anyone interested in some parts your welcome to contact me It is i believe an "R" registered car and she is in very good order, but sadly i dont know for sure what is wrong with it making it a spares car, i simply grabbed the cvhance as she was a lovelly car, so will keep you informed.
neilledgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 22:10   #18
Chrali

What colour is it, as I need a silver bonnet and a couple of pholus alloys
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 22:45   #19
burstlikeabubble

Car has been sold now and will be traveling to Russia and back so at least it has avoided the scrap heap for now