Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1994 wentworth estate

Views : 1349

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 27th, 2009, 01:53   #1
bigjohn
Volvo Virgin .

Unhappy 1994 wentworth estate

Just wondering how much my wentworth eastate is worth , as it is suffering with the cutting out problem . I paid £500 for it over three weeks ago and still after rowing with the trader who sold me the car , he still wont except responsibilty for it . Ie sold as seen .

Would anyone offer me £400 for it , it has 3 months tax left and 10 months MOT . new water pump and new cambelt , new servo two new back tyres and was apperently serviced last year for its MOT . with a bill for nearly £800 .

Im running out of patience and despite it being a lovley car it has to go . Lovley car to drive as you all know with the 940 se , and it has all the toys and a towbar .

if you are genuinally interested pm me please .
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 01:57   #2
bigjohn
Volvo Virgin .

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=67236

has a milage of nearly 300,000 miles , but the engine itsself runs very well with no mayo deposits on the oil cap .
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 17:19   #3
Laney760
VOC Member

Smile

Hiya Bigjohn

Have read your other posts, I gather you are not really in a financial position to fix this. It won't cost you anything to contact Citizen's Advice and Trading Standards and make the garage sort this out, you have a lot of rights when buying a car (from private as well as dealer, many people are not aware of this). Good Luck PS We seem to have a cowboy and Indian theme going on between us, lol)

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 15:46   #4
bigjohn
Volvo Virgin .

thanks laneystrider , this has been a bit of a pain . but i cannot be bothered to start kicking up a fuss . but ive learnt my lesson this time .

thankyou for the compliment about the photo , i was just messing about one day lol.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 13:27   #5
bigjohn
Volvo Virgin .

im getting tempted to stick her back on ebay . but before i do im going to try and find a 940 in my local breakers yards . for a fule relay . and then if that still dont work , its back to ebay .

Is anybody interested in her before i do .??
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 15:37   #6
bigjohn
Volvo Virgin .

Angry Its got to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IVE HAD ENOUGH , WANT RID OF IT !!.

Im fed up with it , and ive run out of patients . its time it was gone while its still mot`d and taxed . £300 and its yours i will take £250 if i have to . as id odnt want to wiegh her in and scrap her as i wont get alot .

I think the turbo is leaking and the engine is chocking its self with exhaust which is also killing the engine . ive lost so much money on this lemon and before its totally nakerd and worth nothing i want to get somthing back . pm me if you want it .

Last edited by bigjohn; Mar 12th, 2009 at 15:40.
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 16:22   #7
Laney760
VOC Member

Unhappy

If it were me John I would phone Trading Standards. The guy has broken the law in selling you a car unfit for purpose, it should be capable of getting you from a to b, then he has broken the law by not allowing you to reject the goods within a reasonable amount of time and returning your money. He probably gets away with this time and time again, a run in with Trading Standards might stop him

My daughter's friend was in a similar situation, as soon as I called in Trading Standards the garage's whole attitude changed

Sorry to hear you have wasted money, time and energy, wondering if there's someone on the forum who could give you a proper diagnosis. Have you checked the fault codes? Adamsky01's blog tells you how to check them with no equipment I think, also reference to checking them without having to use a faultcode reader elsewhere on the forum

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 16:31   #8
bigjohn
Volvo Virgin .

Smile

im very gratefull for all your advice , but im sick of it all and want it gone now . its left an bittter taste in my mouth and i can no longer be botherd with it . your a good man and im gratfully i welcome your advice.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 15:36   #9
bigjohn
Volvo Virgin .

up for grabs if you want it . no longer have any interest in it , i hate using it .

£250 and its yours !
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 18:00   #10
bigjohn
Volvo Virgin .

Talking its gone !!!!!

ok , yesterday i finally was able to part ex the volvo for a citron Xantia . and once the deal was done i was so relieved as a great wieght was lifted off my sholders .

not sure if i will ever own another volvo in the future but you never know , im going to concentrate on geting my carlton back on the road and the citron will become my wifes car as she loves it . ( its metallic purple ) .