Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fcpgroton - What is it with this mob?

Views : 1570

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 6th, 2010, 15:36   #1
ergotilt

Angry Fcpgroton - What is it with this mob?

Hi all, just wondering what is the deal with this mob? I've read on this forum that they are the people to deal with when looking for new parts. I'm from Oz, so parts over here are to say the least, extravagant eg serpentine belt from local Volvo dealer $189 not bad uh when you consider the AUD is on par with the USD right now.

Anyway I look up the site, looks good, accept paypal, ship internationally etc.etc. Just what the doctor ordered (or so I think). I order a load of stuff, timing kit, belts, tensioners, filters all up including shipping over $500 worth of bits and pieces. Push the Paypal button, voila - receipt, email from mike the mechanic thanking me for the dosh and if he can be any help he would just love to do so and that I'll be getting my tracking number within 24 hours via email. All good so far. Waiting, waiting, waiting no tracking number! Email them about a week later with order details and enquire about tracking number ie has stuff been posted yet or what? Next day I get a message from Paypal saying my account has been reimbursed for full amount of the order. So fine, they haven't tried to rip me off.

The thing that I don't understand and that I don't like is why haven't they communicated with me telling me what's up, why have they unilaterally cancelled my order without communication of any kind? I asked them this question by email a few days ago and still no reply.

So I ask again what is wrong with this crew? I won't be buying from them again. I've ordered my stuff from IPD and they have done everything right so far, USPS tracking number, proper confirmations etc.

So a little message to you all at FCPgroton, don't mistreat clients because some will report their bad experiences to those that introduced them to you in the first place. *iss poor effort boys and girls, *ISS poor!

Anyway I invite all forum members to report on their experiences with this crew and any others for that matter whom they feel have shown a lack of professionalism in their interactions with supplying parts - I'm sure I'm not alone!
ergotilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 17:09   #2
GMad
Premier Member

Strangely enough I had the oposite experience with them.
I needed a new driveshaft for my old V70 and as they were the right price, went with them.
They gave me a tracking number having shipped it imediately. A week later it turned up, all with no problems whatsoever...
GMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 14:26   #3
FCPGroton
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergotilt View Post
Hi all, just wondering what is the deal with this mob? I've read on this forum that they are the people to deal with when looking for new parts. I'm from Oz, so parts over here are to say the least, extravagant eg serpentine belt from local Volvo dealer $189 not bad uh when you consider the AUD is on par with the USD right now.

Anyway I look up the site, looks good, accept paypal, ship internationally etc.etc. Just what the doctor ordered (or so I think). I order a load of stuff, timing kit, belts, tensioners, filters all up including shipping over $500 worth of bits and pieces. Push the Paypal button, voila - receipt, email from mike the mechanic thanking me for the dosh and if he can be any help he would just love to do so and that I'll be getting my tracking number within 24 hours via email. All good so far. Waiting, waiting, waiting no tracking number! Email them about a week later with order details and enquire about tracking number ie has stuff been posted yet or what? Next day I get a message from Paypal saying my account has been reimbursed for full amount of the order. So fine, they haven't tried to rip me off.

The thing that I don't understand and that I don't like is why haven't they communicated with me telling me what's up, why have they unilaterally cancelled my order without communication of any kind? I asked them this question by email a few days ago and still no reply.

So I ask again what is wrong with this crew? I won't be buying from them again. I've ordered my stuff from IPD and they have done everything right so far, USPS tracking number, proper confirmations etc.

So a little message to you all at FCPgroton, don't mistreat clients because some will report their bad experiences to those that introduced them to you in the first place. *iss poor effort boys and girls, *ISS poor!

Anyway I invite all forum members to report on their experiences with this crew and any others for that matter whom they feel have shown a lack of professionalism in their interactions with supplying parts - I'm sure I'm not alone!
First and foremost I apologize for this. This definitely isn't the norm for our company. Customer service is our #1 priority. Email me scottd@fcpgroton.com and we can figure out what happened.

Regards,
+1.877.634.0063
Get 10% off your order, use coupon code VOLVOFORUMUK : FCP Euro Official Car Parts Website <- Click
FCPGroton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 17:04   #4
ergotilt

Exclamation How about we resolve this here Andrew?

Andrew I really can't see how you are going to resolve this as the experience has already, well, been experienced!

I have not as yet received anything from your company explaining what happened and, let me tell you, apologies in public forums are easy especially when that is what your employed to do, right?

I am not inclined to contact you through my private email as I prefer to maintain my anonymity and, as I said. the entire experience has been at no pecuniary cost to me.

That having been said, the cost to me has been time, frustration and the development of a distinct distrust for your company, it's representatives and it's procedures. This is more the pity, because your site is quite easy and comprehensive to navigate. I suggest therefore that you talk to your managers and have the appropriate people look at your public relations procedures as they are in dire need of improvement (really you needn't do too much, it's simply called COMMON DECENCY - google it!).

For me, it is unlikely, I will give your company another go given that I only ordered from IPD on Friday 5/11/2010 and my package according to my USPS tracking schedule is due to arrive on Tuesday 11/11/2010 - yes that's right - three business days! No fuss, no bother, fully informed, yep a proper business!

So allow me to me to leave you with a few points (indeed all international parts shippers should take a leaf), treat ALL of your international clients with respect, just because we live on the other side of the world doesn't mean we are lesser clients. More specifically, if you haven't read about it, Australia's economy faired better than anyone else's during the global recession so they are cashed up and genuine buyers. Paying out 100's and even 1000's of dollars to a faceless internet business takes a certain leap of faith, it's just not the same as walking into a store front (you know it and we know it) so it is up to you tio instil faith into your clientele by always doing the right thing by them.

I'll leave you with one little challenge and this should give readers of this forum something to reinstate their faith in your company's desire to supply parts to the global community. As I said I haven't received any communication from your company as to why my order was cancelled. How about you get on to your intranet and see how many orders your company has cancelled unilaterally (yes let us all know!) in the last month and then work out which of those your company notified to give them an inkling as to why you might have done so. Then, also work out why, when someone from your company writes to the buyer offering their assistance once their order has been placed and then an enquiry is made of them soon after, then why oh why pray tell, don't they respond? It's just bizarre.

Anyway, after doing so, if I receive an explanation via my private email I will come back to this post and let the forum know that I did in fact receive a response. How does that sound Andrew, fair enough? So stay tuned folks let's see where this goes!

Last edited by ergotilt; Nov 7th, 2010 at 17:17. Reason: Wrong Name
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 17:29   #5
FCPGroton
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergotilt View Post
Andrew I really can't see how you are going to resolve this as the experience has already, well, been experienced!

I have not as yet received anything from your company explaining what happened and, let me tell you, apologies in public forums are easy especially when that is what your employed to do, right?

I am not inclined to contact you through my private email as I prefer to maintain my anonymity and, as I said. the entire experience has been at no pecuniary cost to me.

That having been said, the cost to me has been time, frustration and the development of a distinct distrust for your company, it's representatives and it's procedures. This is more the pity, because your site is quite easy and comprehensive to navigate. I suggest therefore that you talk to your managers and have the appropriate people look at your public relations procedures as they are in dire need of improvement (really you needn't do too much, it's simply called COMMON DECENCY - google it!).

For me, it is unlikely, I will give your company another go given that I only ordered from IPD on Friday 5/11/2010 and my package according to my USPS tracking schedule is due to arrive on Tuesday 11/11/2010 - yes that's right - three business days! No fuss, no bother, fully informed, yep a proper business!

So allow me to me to leave you with a few points (indeed all international parts shippers should take a leaf), treat ALL of your international clients with respect, just because we live on the other side of the world doesn't mean we are lesser clients. More specifically, if you haven't read about it, Australia's economy faired better than anyone else's during the global recession so they are cashed up and genuine buyers. Paying out 100's and even 1000's of dollars to a faceless internet business takes a certain leap of faith, it's just not the same as walking into a store front (you know it and we know it) so it is up to you tio instil faith into your clientele by always doing the right thing by them.

I'll leave you with one little challenge and this should give readers of this forum something to reinstate their faith in your company's desire to supply parts to the global community. As I said I haven't received any communication from your company as to why my order was cancelled. How about you get on to your intranet and see how many orders your company has cancelled unilaterally (yes let us all know!) in the last month and then work out which of those your company notified to give them an inkling as to why you might have done so. Then, also work out why, when someone from your company writes to the buyer offering their assistance once their order has been placed and then an enquiry is made of them soon after, then why oh why pray tell, don't they respond? It's just bizarre.

Anyway, after doing so, if I receive an explanation via my private email I will come back to this post and let the forum know that I did in fact receive a response. How does that sound Andrew, fair enough? So stay tuned folks let's see where this goes!
I think you are looking to much into this. We are a very reputable company that has been in the Volvo community since 2001. I'm sure it was a case of some minor mis-communication that can be explained very quickly through one email. I understand that it may have cost you time, but if you don't let me know who you are how can I help you?

Regards,
+1.877.634.0063
Get 10% off your order, use coupon code VOLVOFORUMUK : FCP Euro Official Car Parts Website <- Click
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 17:34   #6
ergotilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMad View Post
Strangely enough I had the oposite experience with them.
I needed a new driveshaft for my old V70 and as they were the right price, went with them.
They gave me a tracking number having shipped it imediately. A week later it turned up, all with no problems whatsoever...
Mate, I'm happy for you, I don't know what the problem was with my order, but if you can't tell, I'm pretty well peaved. This crew had all the features that I wanted in a parts supplier, good reviews, Paypal payments, nice easy to navigate website, good prices - basically the lot - everything that is except customer service and communication. What more can I tell you? Indeed all of these features is what made the entire exercise such a disappointment. Just when you think you found the right crew to deal with bang your expectations are shot down.
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 17:36   #7
FCPGroton
Trader

I did a bit of research and if you are who I believe you are (in Canberra) , this was a potential fraud detection order where Bobby had emailed you regarding use of PayPal versus credit card.

We get a ton of credit card fraud from international orders, so our system is ultra sensitive especially if its a first time order. We do it both for our protection and the consumers protection.

There is a note on the order that Bobby had some type of email correspondence and requested he forward it to me.

Please email me and we can figure out what happened.
+1.877.634.0063
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 17:48   #8
ergotilt

As I said:
I prefer to keep my anonymity;
You can reply to me privately, by checking your intranet for cancelled orders to Australia that you didn't give any explanation to as to why you cancelled their orders. I would be one of them (if there is more than one).

It wasn't a mis-communication. It was NO COMMUNICATION!
Old Nov 7th, 2010, 17:55   #9
ergotilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPGroton View Post
I did a bit of research and if you are who I believe you are (in Canberra) , this was a potential fraud detection order where Bobby had emailed you regarding use of PayPal versus credit card.

We get a ton of credit card fraud from international orders, so our system is ultra sensitive especially if its a first time order. We do it both for our protection and the consumers protection.

There is a note on the order that Bobby had some type of email correspondence and requested he forward it to me.

Please email me and we can figure out what happened.
Nope, not Bobby and not Canberra. You actually received payment via Paypal and you physically reimburdsed my Paypal account so absolutley no issue of fraud.
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 16:19   #10
ergotilt

Default Still haven't heard from you Andrew. Surprise, surprise.

Just a follow up. I received my parts from IPD today as they had promiised. Everything I ordered was there nicely packaged, no screw ups, no time wasting and they also gave me a nice catalogue for free to make my overseas purchases even easier. Mostly original Volvo parts - NICE! Thanks IPD, good job.

Back to you Andrew of FCPgroton. I still haven't heard dit from you on my private email, what happened,it all got too hard didn't it?

That's ok, so far over 200 members have read this thread, maybe 200 people that are going to think twice about dealing with your company in future eh? Probably not much of an issue for you right, you just work there. But let me tell you if I was the owner I'd be pretty dirty on my PR crew.

Like I said if I get a response to my mails I'll let the forum know, but I suspect that your company pulls these little stunts so regularly (yes I've read some of the negative feedbacks on your ebay site) that it probably is too hard to contact everyone you inconvenience, it's just easier to do ... well, exactly what you've been doing ... nothing.