Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

leaving the forum

Views : 7579

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2014, 00:38   #31
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudgeonpin View Post
On the other hand if people have had a bad experiance with a trader then perhaps the more people that are aware the better
With solid evidence maybe, otherwise its nothing more than libellous remarks. And on the subject of law, if those that have a dispute with the chap were to take the case to court, which is surprisingly simple and cheap to do, all this chap has to do is take a print out of all these horrible remarks into court with him, and it will show that there is so much in the way of unsubstantiated and unfair accusations that it discredits and real evidence to the extent that there is simply no case to answer.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 06:35   #32
girlracer

Sony vaio- we have been in constant contact with bananaking through the entire problem even sending him parts which has nothing to do with the lpg system out of our own pockets trying to resolve any issues.... bananaking was originally going to take it to a friend of ours in ireland but kept changing his mind about what he was going to do.... he settled on taking it to cork. We have emailed him since asking about what the outcome was to have the reply of " i havent had time to take it yet" so what else can we do??? Everytime dai posts a reply to these threads he gets trolled and it ends up escalating so thats why he doesnt post. to be fair i do not blame him..... sorry my grammar and punctuation is awful but with a 3 yr old and a 10 month old up running around at this hour my brain is frazzled.
The Following User Says Thank You to girlracer For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 08:01   #33
Thanatos
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlracer View Post
we have offered to help these people but they refuse any help
Yes the court case is ongoing but what ****ing help did you offer you wouldn't put the correct system on or do as the court asked
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 08:05   #34
Thanatos
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippedoffagain View Post
With solid evidence maybe, otherwise its nothing more than libellous remarks. And on the subject of law, if those that have a dispute with the chap were to take the case to court, which is surprisingly simple and cheap to do, all this chap has to do is take a print out of all these horrible remarks into court with him, and it will show that there is so much in the way of unsubstantiated and unfair accusations that it discredits and real evidence to the extent that there is simply no case to answer.

To be honest Dai took it court and it was thrown out as not being evidence

Like his certificates that he printed in publisher that were not genuine certificates they were interested in them though
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 11:42   #35
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlracer View Post
[snip]
cannot discuss the court case as its still ongoing....... we have offered to help these people but they refuse any help
[snip]

"cannot discuss the court case as its still ongoing" Why is that, has the courts placed a ban on you or Dia commenting on the "on going case"?

Funny how you claim this has no concern of mine, yet you are not the one been taken to court (or are you)?

PS I have no actual knowledge of bananaking legal actions against Dia (or yourself) but I do have from another member..

Like SonyVaio has said IF Dia had solved the problems HE caused the HE would not find himself in this predicament.I would also predict a smother outcome if Dia was to resolve these matters before the courts make him do so..

Last edited by foggyjames; Apr 1st, 2014 at 02:18.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 12:51   #36
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
"cannot discuss the court case as its still ongoing" Why is that, has the courts placed a ban on you or Dia commenting on the "on going case"?

Funny how you claim this has no concern of mine, yet you are not the one been taken to court (or are you)?

PS I have no actual knowledge of bananaking legal actions against Dia (or yourself) but I do have from another member..

Like SonyVaio has said IF Dia had solved the problems HE caused the HE would not find himself in this predicament.I would also predict a smother outcome if Dia was to resolve these matters before the courts make him do so..
Sorry, you are wrong on many levels.

As to the law, I think you'll find that commenting on social media, which includes forums, about ongoing court cases, can lead to you getting done for contempt of court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25210867
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 13:43   #37
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippedoffagain View Post
Sorry, you are wrong on many levels.

As to the law, I think you'll find that commenting on social media, which includes forums, about ongoing court cases, can lead to you getting done for contempt of court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25210867
This is hardly naming a woman who was raped by a footballer.

Taken from the link you provided "It is designed to help inform people about the legal pitfalls of commenting in a way that could be seen as prejudicial to a court case or those involved"

Not exactly the case your trying to defend is it?If it was the case then the MODs are legally obliged to remove all the on going court cases through out the UK forums..

Last edited by strbryan; Mar 29th, 2014 at 13:49.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 16:41   #38
tommyweaves
Premier Member

And there was me thinking that the Volvo forum was a place of calm and polite comment! Best I get back to the V70 07> section!

I only came here to research whether Gudgeonpin was truly bonkers or just yanking my chain!
The Following User Says Thank You to tommyweaves For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 17:10   #39
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

Quote:
If it was the case then the MODs are legally obliged to remove all the on going court cases through out the UK forums..
No they wouldn't. The mods don't assume all legal liability for the rantings of the forum members.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 18:26   #40
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
[snip]
Dia has been found guilty in a court of law and has been made to pay the cost of a proper LPG installer to rectify the screw up install of a Forum members car..
I see once again you are breaking the forum rules as it is not permitted to make false allegations against a trader.

7. Complaints or comments about businesses must not be rude or contain accusations or unsubstantiated allegations. The business in question will be given the right to reply so consider that before you post up. If a reasoned debate about consumer issues follows then we will allow it, but if the thread degenerates into accusations or insulting posts are made then we will remove or lock it as appropriate. Do not use this forum as a platform to dredge up old issues that have previously been discussed and locked.

As there is only one person who has ever taken me to court and that case is still ongoing it goes to show that your comments are nonsense.

The problem I have with this forum is the moderators allow trolls like you and Bongodave to post tripe and accuse others of all shorts. Yes Bongodave did eventually get banned to action was too little too late. The same goes for you strbryan, after years of sh1t stirring and a string of warnings the mods should have taken your outburst as the chance to ban you for good rather than a short term ban. I will not forget what type of person you are and nor should anyone else

I'm glad you are not a VOC member, or maybe if you were a club member I would see things differently. I have been very tempted to take legal actions over some of the things that have been allowed on this forum but both my forgiving nature and love for the club that have stopped my going down that road. I still even send out details for joining the club to customers even after being refused membership this year do to these ongoing issues.

Perhaps if this forum was a members only forum there would be less trolls like you. With that being said restricting the forum to members only would restrict the information available.

Last edited by foggyjames; Apr 1st, 2014 at 02:20.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread