Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 dog grille / cage

Views : 4578

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2014, 20:52   #11
Considered1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westyman View Post
The normal shopping is done sans dogs and we put it IN the dog cage! Otherwise we manage OK. When we take caravan away the awning and some fencing we put around the caravan to retain the dogs needs the one seat folded. But there's just the two of us so that's no problem.
Thanks, my wife trains guide dog puppies so it is with us all the time..
What is the netting like that comes with the XC60 in the first place?
May wait till we collect the car to make a decision if this will hold the wee lad for a while (although he wont be so wee come May/June)
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 22:14   #12
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Thanks, my wife trains guide dog puppies so it is with us all the time..
What is the netting like that comes with the XC60 in the first place?
May wait till we collect the car to make a decision if this will hold the wee lad for a while (although he wont be so wee come May/June)
It is a cargo net that comes with the car to allow you to stack up luggage in the boot and retain it there when you brake - no good for animals who would go though it in one nibble.
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 14:31   #13
barryadams

Cool Dog Guard and Cargo Divider

Quote:
1. What is the best solutions for keeping the dog in the back.
2. Anyone used the Volvo solution and got any ideas of price
3. What comes with a new XC60 - is it just netting to stop flying luggage but ultimately chewable!
Hi
1. The best solution is to get a dog guard or a dog cage for the boot of your car. The best choice would be to look at travall.
2. I personally haven't
3. Do you want to divide your cargo space or make a barrier to keep everything inside of your boot? Again, you can get a net/mesh barrier or a divider for those purposes.
barryadams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to barryadams For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 18:27   #14
Considered1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryadams View Post
Hi
1. The best solution is to get a dog guard or a dog cage for the boot of your car. The best choice would be to look at travall.
2. I personally haven't
3. Do you want to divide your cargo space or make a barrier to keep everything inside of your boot? Again, you can get a net/mesh barrier or a divider for those purposes.
How do you find the travall grille, looks like you could get a paw and sharp claws under it and on top of the back seat.
Not looking for a dog cage as such as he's going to be rather large but a divider and grille approach so protection of back seat most important.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 23:48   #15
JulieJ

Quote:
That would be useful, thanks.
Looking for something similar that doesn't use up the entire boot space as it should be big enough for one dog and shopping etc kept separately.
Have you tried Barnsbrook cages?

http://www.dogcages.net/features.htm

I had one made for my V70. It fills 2/3 of the boot, and can fold down when not in use. I've been very pleased with it, but I'm in the process of buying an XC60 (yay!!!!) so I will be getting them to make me another.
JulieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JulieJ For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 08:11   #16
tj101c70

I went the Volvo Gen route, with the folding load/dog guard. divider and 2 x tailgate doors/guards,, its £50k worth of car remember

Not got a picture of the XC60,, set,, but had the same in the V70

From memory, cost £150 for the dog guard, £150 for the divider and £200 each for the gate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo guard.jpg (233.3 KB, 35 views)
98 Defender 50th V8
87 240 GLT Est (Red Man)
tj101c70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tj101c70 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 10:03   #17
JulieJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj101c70 View Post
I went the Volvo Gen route, with the folding load/dog guard. divider and 2 x tailgate doors/guards,, its £50k worth of car remember

From memory, cost £150 for the dog guard, £150 for the divider and £200 each for the gate

That looks great, but I think for me, a cage is more versatile. I can have all the back seats down if I want ( the car gets pretty packed when we go away, don't know why, there's only two of us and two dogs!!!!) also it can be taken out and used if necessary if we are staying in a hotel or lodge and have to leave the dogs for a short time.
JulieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 14:36   #18
Westyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ View Post
Have you tried Barnsbrook cages?

http://www.dogcages.net/features.htm

I had one made for my V70. It fills 2/3 of the boot, and can fold down when not in use. I've been very pleased with it, but I'm in the process of buying an XC60 (yay!!!!) so I will be getting them to make me another.
I hadn't heard of them but it looks a very similar solution to the Barjo one we use.
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 16:38   #19
Walfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj101c70 View Post

I have the same set up in my V60. But only 1 side not both. Works brilliantly. Just training the puppy today to sit in there without causing to much noise.
Walfy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Walfy For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 23:06   #20
phillippilkington
Phill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudgeonpin View Post
I fitted a pukka volvo folding dog guard i got of e bay, great bit of kit folds up into the roof if needs be

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-V70-...item4861fea7c0
I haven't been able to work out how these stay down when you want them to, there doesn't seem to be any clips, can you help me here please? One of my dogs would have been a lot of help during the great escape you see.