Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Headphone transmitter on XC90 Rear 10 DVD changer

Views : 6448

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 6th, 2016, 18:59   #21
john langrick
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott2 View Post
Hi Guys, I am the original designer of the 10 disc system for Volvo UK, if you are still having problems please let me know, I have a couple of different options, Peter
Hi, are you able to help me fix a boot mounted unit in a 2003 xc90. Base unit has power but screens dead. I have checked as much as I can, can't see any fuses other than with the ecu.

Unit has additional components in wells to left and right floor panels
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 17:28   #22
Tracilane

Quote:
Hi Guys, I am the original designer of the 10 disc system for Volvo UK, if you are still having problems please let me know, I have a couple of different options, Peter
Hi we have just brought 05 xc90 with the 10 disc changer in boot we have load the disc in correctly turned on the screens and we get the message no signal buttons appear to work on the bottom of screen but we cannot get the DVDs to play we have two remote controls one says md player the other I assume is the DVD remote but not certain are we doing something wrong or is it something not working ??
Tracilane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2017, 18:42   #23
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, I did get mine working fine, my grandkids found out how to switch the screens on!

Does the DVD cradle eject? This will tell you if you have power on the 10dvd unit.

The remote is specific for the 10dvd player and is a flat silver unit.

I would check the ir is working correctly by viewing it through a camera on your mobile phone. You should see it blinking when you press buttons.

Note the receiver is in the vicinity of the rear view mirror.

Hope this helps.

Cheers john l
Old May 28th, 2018, 17:21   #24
Dorothy Yuille

Quote:
hi Peter, do you have any tips for purchasing headphones for a 2004 XC90 - we have just bought the car and it has come with no headphones. We have four children and wonder if you can have four sets of headphones? Be very grateful for your help if possible. Thanks, Dorothy
Dorothy Yuille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2018, 20:07   #25
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, you may have noted that Elliott does not seem to be active on this forum recently and I believe has moved on to other projects.

Members have not had much luck sourcing these headphones in the past but if it helps, they are Thomson WHP 540 using 863mhz transmitter.

There are other threads on this of you search, probably under xc90 RSE.

The only person who has has success appears to have purchased an alternative transmitter and headsets.

There is an adapter unit under the floor quadrant to the left rear of the boot. If you lift this up you will see it retained. By a 13mm bolt. If this is undone and the plate lifted up and out, you will see the transmitter and audio lead to it. It is this transmitter that was changed to match some alternative headphones. Perhaps yourself, or a friend with standard audio experience can adapt something to help.

Or maybe another forum member has spate headphones?

Hope this helps, John l
Old Sep 16th, 2018, 16:56   #26
jpSwiss

Thumbs up Volvo xc 90 2006 dvd player infrared headphones for 15 $.

Hello guys,

so I bought a volvo XC90 from 2006, executive and with 2 original head/televisions. The car unfortunately did not have headphones and neighter the remote control but fortunately I bought 2 pairs of:

IR-685C Wireless headset (spring edition), found on amazon.de under the description below:
Ddauto D1001S Infrared Stereo Headset 2 channels Wireless IR Headphones with 1.5 m Extension Cable for DVD, Phone, Laptop, Tablet

that you can easily buy on amazon, put 2 AAA batteries inside and just turn on the channel A on the headphones and that's it!
You can adjust the volume and actually it's more than enogh for a kid.
The headphones are really cheap but for the price are a good product, even more in the hands of a child.

Even without the remote control I can easily use the DVD player and isn't mandatory to have it. The volume can be easily regulated on the headphones and so you don't really need it in the car.

The headphones function when they are keep straight and ''alligned'' with the srceens, when excceding 30 angle degrees they'll not function... Just to keep in mind when explainig it to the kids...

The infrared headphones on the A channel have a L 2.3MHz / R2.8 MHz Signal
B channel have a L 3.2MHz / R3.8MHz Signal.

The phones are soo a cheap and good fix solution that I decided to buy another pair of set. For 50$ I bought 4 pairs and so I personally think that this is a good and quick solution for all that people out there who face this challege.

Hope somebody can benefit from this article... Wish you all the best and for any question just contact me.
jpSwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2018, 11:49   #27
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpSwiss View Post
so I bought a volvo XC90 from 2006, executive and with 2 original head/televisions. The car unfortunately did not have headphones and neighter the remote control ...
Greetings from a Volvo neighbour - You are in Graubünden, I am in Zürich

The single DVD players on our Euro spec XC90s use a different DVD player system to the ones in the UK

You can get a DVD remote control for your car on eBay if you wish, I picked up the optional remote for my stereo on eBay.
So from the back seat I have full remote control of DVD player and stereo (and nav...)

If you ever want to do a diagnostics session I also have a laptop with VIDA... happy to plug in and compare notes between your Executive and my R-Design
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote