Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Break or selling black Volvo 850 t5 manual

Views : 2358

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2020, 09:01   #21
Mkengineering
Master Member

No here are intrested I am assuming?

Getting alot of views and have over 200 watchers on shiiiteBay
Mkengineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 12:34   #22
Mkengineering
Master Member

421 views not one dm.

I'm open to sensible offers
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 13:10   #23
taiwan740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkengineering View Post
421 views not one dm.

I'm open to sensible offers
Nice ad lol - well you know I already have a leeching burden sitting outside... so I'm out.

I would have replied to your PM but the forum mods haven't bumped up my post count yet. Decided just to ****post on some other threads about V50's not being real volvos
taiwan740 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taiwan740 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 17:52   #24
Mkengineering
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan740 View Post
Nice ad lol - well you know I already have a leeching burden sitting outside... so I'm out.

I would have replied to your PM but the forum mods haven't bumped up my post count yet. Decided just to ****post on some other threads about V50's not being real volvos
What's up with yours?

Well I've now had 477 views and not one dm. On Ebay I've got 321 watchers are 12 bids??
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 23:50   #25
taiwan740

Quote:
What's up with yours?

Well I've now had 477 views and not one dm. On Ebay I've got 321 watchers are 12 bids??
It didn't start all last week as it was running so rich it was pouring black smoke out the back and that crippled the spark plugs. Now running after basically ramming in some random spark plugs into the head using pure bicep power.

with half to full throttle the engine misses and stutters and can't apply any power. Thought this was boost leak, repaired boost leaks, still stuttering.

Steering is scary, the wheel clunks forward and back when you stop or pull away at a junction. if you hit a pothole or a bump in the road, it sends the car in any direction.

It's constantly pulling to the right. so much so my right wrist is injured (could be for other reasons though, volvo driver after all)

Handbrake rear right brake shoe gets stuck on quite a lot even though I never use the handbrake

16mpg average

Smells like a mixture of fuel and cum. Odd sticky substance and mass of fuses in the ashtray.

Bodywork is really saying something. If you saw it sitting outside a school, you'd immediately call the police.

I've decided to keep it and make an attempt for total devastation. It's a Cat C so never gonna be worth anything anyway. I paid ****all for it, passed its MOT so just gonna shrug and enjoy it as it is instead of trying to fingerbang new "old stock" ashtrays and all that garbage on there.

If only i could afford this

Last edited by taiwan740; Jan 15th, 2020 at 23:54.
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 18:39   #26
Mkengineering
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan740 View Post
It didn't start all last week as it was running so rich it was pouring black smoke out the back and that crippled the spark plugs. Now running after basically ramming in some random spark plugs into the head using pure bicep power.

with half to full throttle the engine misses and stutters and can't apply any power. Thought this was boost leak, repaired boost leaks, still stuttering.

Steering is scary, the wheel clunks forward and back when you stop or pull away at a junction. if you hit a pothole or a bump in the road, it sends the car in any direction.

It's constantly pulling to the right. so much so my right wrist is injured (could be for other reasons though, volvo driver after all)

Handbrake rear right brake shoe gets stuck on quite a lot even though I never use the handbrake

16mpg average

Smells like a mixture of fuel and cum. Odd sticky substance and mass of fuses in the ashtray.

Bodywork is really saying something. If you saw it sitting outside a school, you'd immediately call the police.

I've decided to keep it and make an attempt for total devastation. It's a Cat C so never gonna be worth anything anyway. I paid ****all for it, passed its MOT so just gonna shrug and enjoy it as it is instead of trying to fingerbang new "old stock" ashtrays and all that garbage on there.

If only i could afford this
You sure were not sharing the same car?

And that 280z. Absolutely gorgeous. Jap cars are the best easy to work on and can be resolved in minutes usually. That's not badly priced either
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 21:16   #27
taiwan740

Quote:
You sure were not sharing the same car?

And that 280z. Absolutely gorgeous. Jap cars are the best easy to work on and can be resolved in minutes usually. That's not badly priced either
Maybe we are....

I've got a 940 - that is a dream compared to the 850. It's dog slow, but if you get a 2.3 Turbo Manual you can basically just turbo-swap it and the stock engine should support about 250bhp.

I'm not really into the modding scene, too much of a tight arse, but if you still wanted a turbo brick then this would be ideal.

This

Mines just a non-turbo automatic 2.3 but she's a ****en loyal old **** (apart from the rear backbox strap made from Chineseium) - deleting the backbox all together tomorrow.
Old Feb 12th, 2020, 08:33   #28
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Hello Mike

Is this the mota with yellow callipers you paid over the odds for ?

If yes I feel for you buddy and have no intention of rubbing salt in the wounds.

From my recent post you will see I am at the opposite end of the spectrum - had Winston for 24 years and in that time only hassle has been non start resolved by new plugs leads diz etc and the recent locking issue.

Sounds like you are rapido running out of patience
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella666 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 13:29   #29
MetB4

Sounds like it has had a very hard life in the past. All the mods done to it may have shortened it's life. Black smoke is bad, fuel smell is worse.

17mpg is not a normal casual driving figure,

Valve stem seals are not good on these after 120000 miles. Just having mine done now. Smell of fuel and some smoke was enough for me to want to preserve my S/S cat!
She still did 34mpg though.

Sad for your loss mate.

MetB4 is offline   Reply With Quote