Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings > VOC Section Events

Notices

VOC Section Events Meetings and Events organised by local VOC sections

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 Satnav

Views : 1859

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 16th, 2017, 22:30   #1
Snowball28

Default C70 Satnav

Hi all
I’m new to the group and my husband bought me a new car ( well new to me anyway) a couple of weeks ago which i love but really wanted one with a built in sat nav (he didn’t realise this). I am wondering if there is anything out there that can be fitted in the console, I have got a 2010 C70. Also can anyone tell me if you should be able to wind the windows up using the fob and do you have to put a SIM card in the holder for the hands free to work properly?
Snowball28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 01:05   #2
Sysyphus

There was a factory satnav option for the C70... not sure if it is possible to retrofit, but it would be absurdly expensive for a unit that is spectacularly primitive by 2017 standards.

Only unit I know of that fits neatly into the console is the BluePower BLP-990... that too is somewhat primitive, not at all easy to install and rather kludgy... whiel it does mange to use all the controls and emulate the standard display, it strikes me as a project the guy(s) got fed up with when it was 80% done. Mine's been sitting in the box for a month now since it arrived while I wait to have the time and inclination to install it.

Other third party options are restricted by the way Volvo integrated the climate controls and display with the entertainment system... it is possible, but far from straightforward.

To be honest I'm not at all unhappy using Google maps on my phone, with it set up to play voice prompts as Bluetooth phone calls it works fine with the built in Volvo hands-free system.. I didn't need a sim - just had to pair my phone with it and it worked very well after I found the Bluetooth volume setting on my phone.

Pretty sure its windows down only with the remote as standard... if you fit the SmartTop module from Mods4Cars you can control the roof and windows in both directions with the keyfob
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sysyphus For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 14:30   #3
Snowball28

Thank you very much for all the information it looks like I will be carrying on with my old faithful Tom Tom