Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I've been banned from my Volvo dealership!

Views : 36249

Replies : 222

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 10:10   #21
GavinC
GavinC

"Our showroom always looks fantastic...if it weren't for the customers. Bloody nuisance they are!"

They don't ever deserve your business in future, Mike. And anyone else treated similarly. In fact, it's a clear sign that they don't NEED your business...because their margins are so FAT...and that's the truly galling thing for all of us.
GavinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:35   #22
m0bzy
Master Member

I have never been thrown out of a dealership,but I have been made not exactly unwelcome,more someone that should be barly tolerated,this was a Saab dealer,the parts staff were wonderfull but the sales staff very sniffey.
I have however been banned from Toys are us,but thats another story.
m0bzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:55   #23
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Wow,

banned from Kwik Save and now the Volvo dealer!

I't terrible tbeing treated that way and given a choice I would no longer use them tbh. I'n a way I hope it is not an end to a very long relationship.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 14:52   #24
migrator
Aye - him again

Now I visit my 'local' dealership (in Inverness) and it matters not the cloth, I still get greeted by the staff from all the departments that are present. Tea/coffee/soft drinks are always offered. Even 'freebies' from the Dealer Principal at times. Great bunch of people.

I got the same from one dealer in Edinburgh but from the other I was once totally ignored by all the staff present. I don't go there any more - I even tell the other dealership in Edinburgh not to approach them for parts I need that they do not hold. Both Edinburgh branches are the same owners.

If the parts department is in the showroom then tough on them!

(Ouch - that's another knuckle ...)
VOC 11817
migrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 15:08   #25
MTerry
Bored Member

It happens here too, though not as harsh. I took The Breadbox to the local dealer for a good once over since my wife had a small encounter with a curb and although they happily took my money their general attitude was "How dare you bespoil our dealership with a car with a 3 digit model number. How about trading in that pile of junk for a nice (new) XC90?"
Gloria - '93 244 in Ruby Red Metallic
Sandy Blu - '07 C70, Celestial Blue
MTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 15:32   #26
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

shocking. I am beginning to wonder if I made the riht decision in buying a Volvo over a BMW. No dealer should treat customers like this. I now can see how I would be treated by a dealer after the warranty has ended. Disgraceful!

eric
pigapumbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 16:01   #27
Wind-Dreams
The Welsh Mafia (TAFIA)

stratstone in newport...anyone that knows me will know what i think of that dealership.

when the c30 was released I called in just after work (jeans, jumper and an old jacket) parked up...went in...not one member of staff even looked away from their computer screens. I wondered around and had a look at the nice silver c30 by the side of the building. went in and asked for a spec sheet...."sorry dont have any available" when asked if i could have a look in the car "we dont have any here yet"

?????????? maybe the one at the side of the building was a figment of my imagination.

Shortly afterwards i was passing after being out to go to a neighbours funeral. thinking of wasting a little more time before getting back to work i called in again. wearing the full suit. this time I drove into the forecourt and got out......and not a lie.....a sales man was there before i even got to the door. once again didn't have any spec sheets but more then happy to talk and was infact very helpful. sadly this guy was not around when i originally went there or I too would of said someting.

it does seem that alot of dealer staff judge you on a first impression. how can you judge by clothing. treat every person like a potential customer that wants to buy. Not everyone can walk into a dealership and just splash ££££. if people cant see what they want to see then they will go elswhere.

volvo dealerships do need some customer relations courses.

Next Year A S40 T4 I fancy.
Wind-Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 16:20   #28
Big T
Jimmy's Mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_N View Post

Porsche on the other hand. Me and a mate wondered in, funnily enough, after he had just paid a deposit on a private sale CTR, we agreed on the way back to pop into Porsche just for a laugh.

So out of the 740 we get, jeans and t-shirt both of us, and wonder into the showroom.
There was one chap in a suit looking at a Boxster. Various good looking babes on the reception desk
So me and a mate wondered round, had a look at the second hand cars, and a salesman came over "Can I help you at all". My response: "No thanks, we are just dreaming!". Salesman: "It costs nothing to dream. I'll leave you to it gents, take care"

And that was that. All in all, I enjoyed it in the porsche dealership. No real snobbery (Although not all Porsche dealers would be so accomodating i guess) and just left us to it!!
Funny you should mention this, me mate was looking at getting a Boxster so we went to the dealership up near Daventry, pulled up in his old Z3, both wearing jeans etc Walked in and told the salesman straight we wern't buying as he was going to buy private but just wanted to look at the Boxster close up!!! He was very helpful, even got the receptionist to make us a coffee!! His attitude was that you never know who's going to come into money and so could be a potential customer so treated everyone the same, we spent about an hour looking round, top bloke!! I know if I one the lottery where I'd buy a Porsche from!!!
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 17:52   #29
LankyTim
Missing the point

Very unprofessional of them to treat you like that Mike, still it sounds like its only one prat ruining the repuation of the dealership. Do they know theyre being mentioned on the VOC website?

All experiences ive had with dealers have been good except one. Stratstones on the Bristol road, Birmingham (now gone) ordered a cam belt tensioner and got spoken to in a very patronising manner by the parts man. Nothing he said was offensive, but he made me feel like I wasnt in on a joke of some sort. Git.

Went to the Shrewsbury dealership to buy a £200 part exchange smoker 940 estate and was treated by the sales staff like I was buying a new car, tea and biscuits and a nice chat. We were told to come back for more tea and biccies and a chin wag about Volvos whenever we wanted, although if had gone back every day since im not sure how long the invitation would have been lasted for.

The Stoke dealership were also super helpful and friendly when I bought a set of pads and a battery from them a few months ago. Rolled up in my "just one more MOT" Oxford in oily work clothes. I did feel a bit paranoid, all these suits about and me dressed like Harold Steptoe. Didnt make any difference at all. Great guys.
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 18:09   #30
Gareths306
Premier Member

I cant believe it personally!!!! That's like walking into a sweet shop and saying sorry you cant come in here eating sweets!!!! Its pathetic!!!

I think your post has worked mate... that dealer now has so much bad reputation!!!
Gareths306 is offline   Reply With Quote