Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2013 S60 alarm problems

Views : 750

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 28th, 2021, 08:55   #1
BUDFORCE

Default 2013 S60 alarm problems

Morning all,

I have been doing a bit of reading but need some help, the alarm on my 2013 S60 T3 keeps going off randomly now for about a week, every day and a half/couple of days maybe.

I have checked door and boot is properly closed.

The main battery is only about a year old, although I have not been driving the car that much recently due to covid, and only doing short trips at the moment, in cold weather to boot, I am getting a low battery warning now and then. I have no idea how old the secondary battery is, and or where to look for the alarm battery.

Does anyone know if for the time being I can disable the alarm, will locking with the key on my model stop the alarm?

Or I have read you can pull a fuse, can anyone tell me specifically where this is and which one to pull?

I will start by putting it on charge today though.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!
BUDFORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 14:33   #2
BUDFORCE

I figured which fuse I think, fuse 16 in box "B" under the glove box. Its says "siren alarm/OBD" so I am guessing with that fuse pulled youd need to put it back to use the OBD port.

Anyway, fingers crossed I don't fancy pulling the alarm unit out from under the wheel arch if possible.

Oddly, we tried to set the alarm off with the fuse in to test it, locked the car using the fob, then rocked the car as much as I physically could, tried door handles and o could set it off, so none the wiser really, guess have to see if it goes off again.
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 14:40   #3
jasmith44
jasmith44

Try leaving front window open then lock and set alarm, give 30 secs then wave your hand about inside the car.
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 09:16   #4
BUDFORCE

Hi all.

So I thought I'd post a follow up post. I do Google search these forums so hopefully the information here might help others.

So a month or so later, I had pulled the fuse for the alarm system and the alarm did stop going off.

Yesterday morning taking my son to nursery I got a warning that the bonnet was open (it definitely wasn't), so after some reading I found the connector for the bonnet sensor, this is the driver side (UK car) and adjacent to the driver side headlight unit, the wires actually spur off from the loom if wires that go to the headlight, which should make it easy to find.

I shorted the car side of this connector and taped it back up. That is tricking the computer to thinking the bonnet is closed and the warning has gone.

I have now also replaced the alarm fuse and so far the alarm hasn't gone off again so I am reasonably confident it was the bonnet sensor playing up and setting it off.

I appreciate my "fix" is a bit of a bodge, my bonnet sensor will no longer tell me if my bonnet is open, but every other car I've owned so far didn't have such thing so I'm sure I'll manage.

I did try and dose the bonnet sensor area in WD40, but it didn't work, the sensor itself it not that easy to access without having to remove bits.

I probably will at done point try to dig it out and see if I can either fix it or replace it, but for the time being I am satisfied my issues are resolved.

Maybe this will help someone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BUDFORCE For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 14:31   #5
Pointer7

Thanks Budforce, handy to know!

I had the same issue on my S60 I would check the oil and after shutting the bonnet, the warning would come up. I did discover that after 3 cycles of unlocking the car, starting the car, switching off and then locking again (basically three separate trips) it goes off, maybe it resets itself or something.

The other thing i found that works is close the bonnet to the first latch, and then push firmly down on both sides to fully.... slamming it shut from a height never seems to work for me!
Pointer7 is offline   Reply With Quote