Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Model Year 2019

Views : 37789

Replies : 232

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 2nd, 2018, 00:01   #221
Billfolder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twickers83 View Post
Hi, sorry I don't mean to go off-topic but I am literally just about to order one myself (xc90) but the sales staff at my local dealer are having a few issues regarding the specs as they haven’t seen one yet. I am not sure what trim you got but if it’s either Inscription or Inscription Pro I wonder if you knew if the seats had been altered in any way? The only info they have is that the standard inscription seats have been given front seat cushion extensions which were not on MY18.

Again, I really hope you don’t mind me asking but I cannot seem to find any dealers with the 19 model year in store.

I hope you are loving your new car. All the best.
Hi sorry mine is a momentum. So as per Marc's useful post update the only changes were reduction in xenium pack cost and 12.3" inch display as standard.

There was an issue with a warning light on the dash due to a faulty emissions module which took a while to sort so I'm actually picking it up this Sunday now.

To the dealerships credit they put me in an 18 plate R design Pro with air suspension while mine was getting sorted so have been cruising around in that for the last week.
Billfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2018, 17:02   #222
Waggatron

Picked my MY19 XC60 up today.

Blown away to be honest....compared to my MY15 XC60 it's like flying a spaceship with all the tech on board. So some early impressions.

Handover...excellent service by Lookers Stockport. I thought I'd just rock up and drive away....but had a real thorough and proper handover with everything set up and explained (and boy I needed it...there is a lot of tech on this car!). Felt like a valued customer...which is always nice.

Drive and ride....driven it like a granny so far (don't want to push it until it's run in and I'm used to it) but this is my first auto and I can't believe I've waited this long to switch. The D4 and auto gearbox are as smooth as silk.

Head up display....really like it. Glad I didn't switch back to a heated screen as I think its going to be very useful. Like how the satnav directions pop up so you don't have to look at the touchscreen.

Sound....I'm no audiophile but it's streets better that my previous one (just the standard system).

Tech....wow, so much is configurable and I've only just scratched the surface. Going to have a real good play over the coming days, but first impressions are that it's intuitive and straightforward.

Auto boot lid...going to have to find the "knack". Have been outside waving my left leg around under the rear bumper with limited success.

Colour...first time I'd seen the Denim Blue / Blond combo on an XC60 in the flesh. I really like it...looks classy and understated although it's very different to my previous Crystal White. Think its going to need slightly shorter wash / polish intervals to keep it looking good.

So....after 7 hours of ownership....very happy!

More thoughts in a day or so when I've dialled into it properly.
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Waggatron For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 2nd, 2018, 19:22   #223
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggatron View Post
Auto boot lid...going to have to find the "knack". Have been outside waving my left leg around under the rear bumper with limited success.
The common mistake is to perform sideways swipes; this is wrong. It's a forward kick staight under the car then back again. Find out exactly where the sensor is on the XC60 (it'll show it in the manual) and you should get 99% correct operation doing it this way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 00:56   #224
s3t0Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Hi,

Find attached the MY19 XC90 Pricelist.

On Inscription you get:

Nappa Soft Leather Upholstery
Luxury Floor Mats
Power Passenger Seat with Memory
Front and Rear Door Pocket and Front Cupholder Illumination
Front Seat Cushion Extensions
Illuminated Front and Rear Tread Plates
Linear Walnut Inlays
Rear Footwell and Side Step Illumination
Matt Silver Front Grille
Roof Rails - Integrated, Silver
Tailored Instrument Panel and Door Tops
Dual Integrated Exhaust Pipes
Chrome Lower Side Mouldings with Inscription Logo
Integrated Sun Curtains - Rear Doors
Multicolour Theatre Lighting Ambient Door and Instrument Panel Lighting
Nappa Leather Coloured Key Integrated Remote
Tailgate Illumination
20" 10 Spoke Alloy Wheels (Diamond Cut/Light Grey) with 275/45 Tyres Multi-directional Lumbar Support

The only other differences from MY18.5 to MY19 are:

12.3” TFT and Rear Park Assist Camera are now standard on all variants.
Pro variants benefit from the Head-Up Display
All R-Design models have the Tailored Instrument Panel

All MY19 powertrains are homologated under latest WLTP protocols. All diesel powertrains have AdBlue tanks and all petrol have Gas Particulate Filters. Fuel economy and emission data shown in Volvo price list are NEDC-derived figures.

Twin Engine petrol fuel tank has increased capacity (70 litres). T8 reduced in overall hp due to changes in base petrol engine.
New T5 AWD introduced in all trim levels.
New Harmon Kardon audio system available as options

You don't mention what engine you're after, but we do have an XC90 D5 Inscription (model year 2019) in stock in Osmium Grey with Charcoal Leather and no other options if that is of any interest and also a MY 18.5 XC90 T8 Inscription Pro in Onyx Black with Charcoal Leather (bearing in mind it won't have the MY19 spec as above on it, but is a Pro model....)

There are also plenty of what is known as "Unconsented" vehicles around. This means that we can move them from one dealer to another, so let me know what you're after and I'll see if I can assist in any way.

Kind Regards

Marc
Any info on what polestar upgrade does to MY19 T8? I note the reduction in hp and GPF. Polestar website still showing 2018 engines.
s3t0Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 15:36   #225
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Waggatron. To use the boot sensor do a single kicking motion under the left hand middle parking sensor and step back, do not touch the bumper whilst doing this. Mine works every time now I’ve got the knack.
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 16:12   #226
Waggatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
Waggatron. To use the boot sensor do a single kicking motion under the left hand middle parking sensor and step back, do not touch the bumper whilst doing this. Mine works every time now I’ve got the knack.
Thank you Whiterdesign. I’m now getting more or less 100% compliance!

This morning out and about with the family I caused much mirth in the car park by appearing to be attempting to kick the sh*t out of the rear of my new car!! Especially when the whole family joined in....

Today’s other new learning point has been that the hud is excellent but struggles to be seen in really bright oncoming sun. Will have to adjust the brightness setting to see if that helps.

Was up super early to wash, super resin polish and super gloss finish the car. So now got a good layer of protection on it. It’s a fantastic colour but I think it’s going to take a lot more effort to keep blemish free than my previous Crystal White. Spent some time removing some residue marks from where the protective transport vinyl had been removed. Also noticed a small scratch on my left passenger side door handle which escaped me in the showroom. Oh well I guess that’s the first one so I can relax a bit now. Polished it up so it’s barely noticeable (all my three girls didn’t notice it....but I have a keen eye for such things unfortunately). It is a lot more sparkly in the sun than I advised yesterday (which was a typically dull, flat northwest day). There are metallic flakes in the paint but it takes sunshine to bring them alive!!

Love the brightness of the blond interior. Really lifts the ambience compared to my previous two black interiors. So much so that we aren’t missing the pano roof that we so nearly specced (but just couldn’t justify on a lease).

Only thing I would probably add if I had my time again is the 360 camera. The rear is so good I imagine that full surround would be awesome! One to tick in 4 years time methinks 😁

Will post some pictures when I figure out how.....
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 16:34   #227
Waggatron

Here are some pictures from this morning....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0785 (1).jpg (369.1 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0786 (1).jpg (379.5 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0784 (1).jpg (356.1 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0789 (1).jpg (245.5 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0787 (1).jpg (187.3 KB, 83 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Waggatron For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 21:22   #228
StewartM

To ressurect my own question from March this year, am I the first person on here to note that the latest UK XC60 PL, Ed 5a from 01/11/18 lists a 71 L fuel tank as a £50 option on T5 and D4 ?
StewartM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 21:38   #229
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartM View Post
To ressurect my own question from March this year, am I the first person on here to note that the latest UK XC60 PL, Ed 5a from 01/11/18 lists a 71 L fuel tank as a £50 option on T5 and D4 ?
Nope, I noticed it last month and felt a wee bit p.....d off as I feel my current T5 tank is too small for my use. But the cost to replace/upgrade is obviously considerably more than the £50 upgrade option.
I do not agree that Volvo should Eden list this as an option, it should be part of the base spec......
Old Nov 28th, 2018, 11:09   #230
HamDenFede

I collected my car in beginning of January 2018, and just after that, they made the larger tank available as an option. I have the D4 with the 61L...would love to have had the 71L. On a day-to-day basis I get 700+ kilometers a tank with lots of small trips, to work and back etc. Going on longer journeys, I easily get 900+ a tank.

Good enough for me, but would still love to get the bigger one.
HamDenFede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HamDenFede For This Useful Post: