Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Can anyone help as I am lost with my climate control module

Views : 1332

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2020, 20:02   #1
simonsen

Default Can anyone help as I am lost with my climate control module

So I bought my xc60 ( 2010) around 5 months ago and we love it. Unfortunately we just realised that defroster / and driver side temperature damper are not working. Obviously I thought that motors are buggered so I ordered two online gutted dash board changed them and still nothing. I am getting some code stating that system has internal fault and incorrect components are installed. CCM-10874A. I tried dampers calibration - nothing, ccm calibration - no luck. I should mention that my driver heating seat is not working and on one forum someone mentioned that changing heating element cured the problem.
Help me please am I missing something?
simonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 09:40   #2
JeffCooper63

I haven't checked any diagrams, but are you sure it's not just a fuse ?
JeffCooper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 13:34   #3
simonsen

That was first thing I checked
Old Oct 26th, 2020, 22:06   #4
JeffCooper63

Sorry - some folks aren't that technical !!

Since you've only had it 5 months, and if you can say that they probably never worked, you'd be within your rights to go back to the garage you bought it from (hopefully?) and ask them to repair it I believe, but you'd have to move quick, and in a covid secure manner.
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 18:11   #5
simonsen

Unfortunately car was purchased privately, it looks like someone was trying to sort it out before me as few plastic bits were broken.
I think it will be a matter of coding programming new/ used motors in vida but that's just my assumption.
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 22:12   #6
JeffCooper63

As a final idea then, check out the vdash program - you have to buy a dice unit, but the chinese versions seem to work ok, and you pay for software configuration modifications - but it can work out a lot cheaper than going to a dealer, and once you're up and running with it, you can do quite a lot more. If you have a dice unit already, you could use it for diagnostics to some extent - although a downloaded copy of vida would also allow you to see button presses and the like. Good luck !!
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 17:14   #7
simonsen

Well it looks like ccm is at fault - problem i have now I can't find matching ccm part number online. There is a newer one which has all the buttons I need but part number doesn't match, also I found few with matching part number but that have less buttons missing parking sensors etc.
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 22:33   #8
JeffCooper63

The buttons transfer really easily - if it's cheap enough, definitely get that same part no version and give it a try - even without the "option" buttons, you should still be able to test the vast majority of functions - especially the broken ones !!

I don't think the buttons are intelligent - I suspect each button switch has a code that's sent to the CEM, and then interpreted into the option that the car knows about, or gets rejected if it's not been programmed - your "buttons" are simply caps that clip over the switch. Or at least they are on my 2015 model, I guess I could be wrong for the earlier models sorry.
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 11:33   #9
glynh

See if you can take to an auto electrician, they may be able to check connections/etc as it may be a wire to the module that needs fixing rather than the entire module?

I had similar with a rear door module, no power/etc but an auto electrician traced the issue that there was no cambus signal, this was traced and fixed and works great (touch Wood!).

I know this probably doesnt help much, but may give you a clue to the issue, and an intermittent issue could be a wire that is nearly broken and either touching every so often or a bad earth.
glynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 16:34   #10
yairw

Not sure if this will help, but it will surely won't hurt to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwIOL7ghrnI
yairw is offline   Reply With Quote