Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The No AM Reception -Radio Problem

Views : 4067

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 11th, 2017, 12:16   #11
apersson850
Premier Member

Can't you simply go to the dealer, park the car there, tune in to an AM station and let them listen?
Then park one of their cars at the same place and show it works (since you say it does work with other cars).

I've no AM experience at all. AM has been obsolete here in Sweden for as far as I can remember (I was born in 1961).
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 16:49   #12
seandodwell

So, I've called Central Services, they don't do repairs on xc90 radios anymore!

So now searching for a circuit board level repair service or get a new/2nd hand ICM module and fit that and have it coded by a Volvo Service Centre. Having spoken to CS, I'm confused as to which bit is the radio tho', I thought(perhaps wrongly) that the radio tuner was in the CD box, but the ICM is listed as the key pad and Power knob module on my car its part no. 30752414. The CD part (6 disc Premium Sound System) is 36050347. If I were to get an ebay unit I assume I'd need an IAM reload software job from Volvo service?

Can anyone suggest somewhere else to get the unit (ladder filter fault) repaired) thx.
seandodwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2020, 17:54   #13
palwing

I have 2 HU850’s with different faults.

One has no CD player and the sound chip is butchered. The other unit doesn’t like finding Radio stations intermittently, but the sound works well, all the time when playing CD’s.

I am looking at swapping the tuner from the unit with the knackered sound, into the unit with the intermittent tuning problem.

I have attached a photo of the cct board in the knackered sound unit showing, what I believe to be, the tuner sticking up from the cct board.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4F1C0077-C3BC-48CA-82D9-138B415501FB.jpeg (102.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by palwing; Jan 26th, 2020 at 18:06.
palwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2020, 08:10   #14
Roger M Green

Default Radio failed after battery discharge and recharge V70

2005 V70 battery flat after vehicle standing unused. Re-charged and everything working but radio fails. after start up all looks good and sound OK but fails after a few minutes. Display and selection remains functional but no sound . Radio and Amplifier fuse checked and OK. Can anyone help? Also Is there a code required for battery disconnect - I don’t seem to have one.
Roger M Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2020, 19:53   #15
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter V70 D5 View Post
Ladder Filter em I'll have to take steps to put that right!

BTW that's the fault described perfectly.
Did anyone ever find a practicable repair for the AM radio fault? I used to use m8 e in the summer to listen to cricket on my local radio station and I’d like to get the facility back, if it doesn’t involve too much expense.
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote