Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Retrofitted parking sensors. People's experiences?

Views : 11640

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2020, 04:09   #21
Bashy
Aged Member

I recently fitted them (with led) to my V70 (56 plate), rear bumper had to come off, with it off, the 2 side placements are visible as you use the volvos OEM sensor placements, round circle with a cross), for the 2 inner sensors you have to drill a hole in the inner casing plastic and you can then see the placements marks. note, in the v70 bumper, the 2 side sensors are higher than the 2 inner ones, not sure about other models. You then route the cable in the channel provided and cable tie where needed. The bumper was easy to remove, the sensors generally stay in place but one drill hole was a bit slack so i dabbed a tiny bit of super glue.
Old Jul 23rd, 2023, 00:16   #22
Balistaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC70Bob View Post
I have fitted a number of after market kits form the likes of Ebay, inc a set with distance display in the front of the car on a rover 45, several beeper only types, my own XC70 has beeper only type fitted did have to remove the bumper but I was fitting the towbar at the same time so not a problem, most recent was a beeper only set fitted to a friends fiat doblo took the power from the reversing lights as normal and no problems with the bulb failure warning system. one set was even colour matched to the car looked factory fitted.
I have a 53 Plate V70 which only has 90k mileage, so sgg th I’ll keen to invest and thinking about rear sensors.
Did you already have the aftermarket parts (you removed) wired into the speakers and Giese sirs into the existing loom? If so, what connectors in the spare wheel well should I be looking for?
Also can you remember the rough price of the kit you bought?
And other hints would be great, thanks.

Previously - V70 2003 SE 2.4L 170BHP Petrol/Auto
Balistaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2023, 17:52   #23
Balistaff

Default Volvo No longer Pair the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balistaff View Post
I have a 53 Plate V70 which only has 90k mileage, so I’m keen to invest in it and thinking about rear sensors.
Did you already have the aftermarket parts (you removed) wired into the speakers and wired into the existing loom? If so, what connectors in the spare wheel well should I be looking for?
Also can you remember the rough price of the kit you bought?
And other hints would be great, thanks.
Talking to Volvo today, it appears that if I was to go the Volvo route:
1. Volvo no longer supplies the Looms
2. If I buy a second-hand loom I would need the ECU re-programming, WHICH apparently Volvo no longer under-take.

So I'd have to go down the Non-Volvo aftermarket route. I think I'll leave it.

Previously - V70 2003 SE 2.4L 170BHP Petrol/Auto
Balistaff is offline   Reply With Quote