Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 136510

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 20th, 2015, 14:36   #341
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by St James View Post
I didn't realise it was automatic release on the handbrake.....lol

I've been pushing and pulling it every time!

I also didn't realise the keyless entry meant you could just push the button on the handle to lock the car.....I haven't got to that part of the manual yet......

You may all now mock me.

I deserve it.

No need to mock. My dealer did not know!
Old Aug 20th, 2015, 15:12   #342
Pandamedic
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJoUK View Post
I have a very similar spec XC60. I was having a similar problem with the Blackvue DashCam failing and corrupting the SD card. I got a Power Magic Pro and set it to switch off after 48 hours or when battery voltage drops below 12V. That way it keeps the DashCam active whilst parked and both powers up and down without corruption to the card. I have never updated the firmware on my Blackvue, so would be interested to hear how it changes its operation.

Like others have mentioned, I very rarely have to manually release the electronic handbrake. Just when manovering it. All other occasions it comes off automatically in either direction. It only took a very short while to get used to it and I wouldn't want to revert to a manual lever now.
Where did you connect the power magic too (power, live switch etc)? I took mine out the old v70 and not installed it yet into my xc60.
Old Aug 20th, 2015, 16:29   #343
Fellwalker

Quote:
I have a very similar spec XC60. I was having a similar problem with the Blackvue DashCam failing and corrupting the SD card. I got a Power Magic Pro and set it to switch off after 48 hours or when battery voltage drops below 12V. That way it keeps the DashCam active whilst parked and both powers up and down without corruption to the card. I have never updated the firmware on my Blackvue, so would be interested to hear how it changes its operation.

Like others have mentioned, I very rarely have to manually release the electronic handbrake. Just when manovering it. All other occasions it comes off automatically in either direction. It only took a very short while to get used to it and I wouldn't want to revert to a manual lever now.
Thanks. I'll comment on the Blackvue in the thread about dashcams: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...82#post1930582

I do far prefer the electronic parking brake, despite my frustrations.

I've realised that when reversing, I have not always put my seat belt on yet, particularly coming out of my garage, and along the drive which has a kink in it, and out onto the cul-de-sac having to look this way and that for pedestrians as well as cars. So unless the seatbelt is on, it does not release automatically. Thank goodness I now know that.
Old Aug 20th, 2015, 17:02   #344
St James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post
I've realised that when reversing, I have not always put my seat belt on yet, particularly coming out of my garage, and along the drive which has a kink in it, and out onto the cul-de-sac having to look this way and that for pedestrians as well as cars. So unless the seatbelt is on, it does not release automatically. Thank goodness I now know that.
I found that out today as well!!

This morning in fact, when I tried to reverse having taken off my seatbelt but wasn't happy with where the car was positioned, so thought I'd just drop in it reverse and move it - big flash on screen saying "release handbrake" (or similar).

2010 (10) Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 DSG
St James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2015, 20:57   #345
BoJoUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamedic View Post
Where did you connect the power magic too (power, live switch etc)? I took mine out the old v70 and not installed it yet into my xc60.
Not sure as the dealer fitted mine when I bought my new car.
I removed it from my old car (where I had the corruption problem as it quickly switched on, off, on as the engine was cranked) and Mill NorthEast at Stockton fitted it.
It is sited in passenger footwell high up on left hand side, just behind the top of the carpet. This way it is accessible to make the settings by flicking setting switches.

I see that the other parts of this thread are now in the DashCam section - sorry, I don't know how to move this over there too.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoJoUK For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2015, 16:23   #346
Fellwalker

Quote:
Not sure as the dealer fitted mine when I bought my new car.
I removed it from my old car (where I had the corruption problem as it quickly switched on, off, on as the engine was cranked) and Mill NorthEast at Stockton fitted it.
It is sited in passenger footwell high up on left hand side, just behind the top of the carpet. This way it is accessible to make the settings by flicking setting switches.

I see that the other parts of this thread are now in the DashCam section - sorry, I don't know how to move this over there too.
Ah, that explains it. Mill NorthEast Stockton fitted mine too.
Old Aug 21st, 2015, 16:52   #347
Fellwalker

Fuel economy falling. Brim to brim first cut-out each time. Now down to 38.3 since start. Last 468 miles a poor 36.2. I do hope that is due to the traffic problems becasue of major road works in Durham city, and having done more country driving recently and no motorway.
I can't compare that to the trip computer because it reset itself 13 miles ago! Showed 34.3 for 13 miles. Auto-reset is OFF. Manual reset is near impossible to do accidentally as it needs a sub menu and a confirmation.

I've realised that it keeps recording the time including stops with the engine off, so with 8 minutes of traffic jam queues ENGINE OFF / AUTO RESTART it shows 19 minutes to do 4.5 miles since I filled up. I thought the auto restart would have stopped recording the time, but it doesn't, so I can't get an average mph whilst travelling, and I can only get an average mph by manual division (or a calculator ).

Last edited by Fellwalker; Aug 21st, 2015 at 16:54.
Fellwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2015, 18:56   #348
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Fuel economy falling. Brim to brim first cut-out each time. Now down to 38.3 since start. Last 468 miles a poor 36.2. I do hope that is due to the traffic problems becasue of major road works in Durham city, and having done more country driving recently and no motorway.
I can't compare that to the trip computer because it reset itself 13 miles ago! Showed 34.3 for 13 miles. Auto-reset is OFF. Manual reset is near impossible to do accidentally as it needs a sub menu and a confirmation.

I've realised that it keeps recording the time including stops with the engine off, so with 8 minutes of traffic jam queues ENGINE OFF / AUTO RESTART it shows 19 minutes to do 4.5 miles since I filled up. I thought the auto restart would have stopped recording the time, but it doesn't, so I can't get an average mph whilst travelling, and I can only get an average mph by manual division (or a calculator ).
The trip computer resets to 0.0 at 2000 miles, I think. Certainly did this in my old V50. Would this make sense ?
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2015, 19:15   #349
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
The trip computer resets to 0.0 at 2000 miles, I think. Certainly did this in my old V50. Would this make sense ?
Hi Nigel. If only it were that easy. It was showing 401.7 at the previous fill-up when I last reset it . Since then I have done another 467.7. Jim
Old Aug 21st, 2015, 19:39   #350
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Hi Nigel. If only it were that easy. It was showing 401.7 at the previous fill-up when I last reset it . Since then I have done another 467.7. Jim
Perhaps this is something you could raise at the 3 month check (see your other thread) at your Dealers