Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 recharge Schedule Charge problem

Views : 328

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2024, 11:33   #1
JCarter

Default XC60 recharge Schedule Charge problem

I have a 73 plate XC60 Recharge. I charge it over night on Schedule charge through a standard 3 pin plug. I’ve had the car 8 weeks and it has so far failed to charge 9 times. The car just does not start to charge at the start of the time slot. The dealership are suggesting they’ve not heard of others having this problem. They took it in and did what they called a “reset to factory settings” but it has failed to charge a few times after this. Have others experienced this?
JCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 15:59   #2
enrm6

XC90 T8 here, had new since July last year, and yes, the schedule has been highly unreliable. So much so, I don’t risk using it anymore.
enrm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 07:51   #3
sk546
Master Member

Before the charge schedule became available on the Volvo app 12 or so months ago, I used to try and use my smart wall charger to charge my car overnight during my off-peak hours but I would often find that the car would not accept the charge when the wall box delivered it. My smart charger supplier had come across this before with newer Volvo's and other manufacturers where the car goes into a deep 'sleep' mode and wont accept the incoming charge.
In the end, my smart charger company activated a 'trickle charge' feature on my wall box that once plugged in, it would keep a low charge rate from the moment it was plugged in to prevent the car from going into its sleep mode and once the full charge rate was initiated when my off-peak time arrived, the car accepted it and it charged fine but this was still costing me more as it was still charging (although at a very low rate) at my peak rate costs.

However, since the charge schedule became available on the app, I have had no issues and no longer need to use the trickle charge feature as my car takes the charge from the correct time every time.
It seems that the late 23 and early 24 cars have alot more bugs in the software than the late 22 and early 23 cars for some reason with this being one of the issues.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 10:10   #4
EasyTiger75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter View Post
I have a 73 plate XC60 Recharge. I charge it over night on Schedule charge through a standard 3 pin plug. I’ve had the car 8 weeks and it has so far failed to charge 9 times. The car just does not start to charge at the start of the time slot. The dealership are suggesting they’ve not heard of others having this problem. They took it in and did what they called a “reset to factory settings” but it has failed to charge a few times after this. Have others experienced this?
I have a 73 plate MY2024 XC60 Recharge and can confirm that the scheduled charging when performed by the car is completely unreliable. I had to use it for a week or so whilst my Wallbox Pulsar Plus was being fixed and it probably failed 2 out 3 attempts. Anecdotally I think it was more reliable if I plugged it in shortly before the scheduled window so the car was probably still awake which sort of defeats the object!

Not that it helps you here but scheduled charging works perfectly when controlled externally by the Wallbox, no issues with waking the car.
EasyTiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recharge, schedule, xc60