Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2005 V50 T5AWD, manual, SE SPORT for sale (R.O.Ireland)

Views : 1222

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 18th, 2023, 14:36   #1
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Default 2005 V50 T5AWD, manual, SE SPORT for sale (R.O.Ireland)

Hi all
Never thought I will write in this section but after months of consideration and fighting with my own thoughts, I have decided to part with my beloved unicorn. Although currently its in perfect condition (for 18y old car) and had just passed NCT 01/07 (no advisories), its time to relief it from duties as daily driver, and I cant afford to keep&maintain it as second car so with broken heart I have to let it go. Current state of it and some highlights:

2005 V50 T5 AWD, manual 6 speed transmission, SE SPORT model.
207,500 miles on the clock and keeps counting, I will be driving it for few more weeks atleast. I own it for 7years now, did 111,000 mostly highway miles in it with daily work commute 60+ miles. Its irish car since new, imported from UK in 2005 and registered in ROI since then.
*NCT until 01/08/2024
*Tax until 01/08/2023
*Price is 4.900euro, detailed info and spec below*
05 D irish registration, available to see in Navan or Dublin D12

Car is almost original with few extra mods:

- s1 Hilton ECU tune since 2017, improved torque and roughly +20HP with better high-end rev characteristic
- de-nanny mod with dedicated switch for full DSTC off
- professionally refurbished & anthracite gray powder coated stock 17' Saggitas (in 2017 so bit worn out by now)
- K&N panel filter in stock housing
- bixenon headlights retrofitted in S40 black beziel headlamps with LED angel eyes, D2S Aharon projectors (E46 type).
(Original set of gray halogen headlamps available for NCT purposes)
- mesh front grille (original "whale fin" grille available)

Model equipment:
- factory SE SPORT trim with roof spoiler, sideskirts and front lip
- full leather interior with power seats (D/S seat with 3 memory function)
- 12 speaker highest-spec Dolby PL audio system with 6 CD changer
- heated side mirrors, auto-dimming internal mirror
- automatic wipers w.rain sensor
- retractable boot cover
- retractable parcel/dog vertical guard
- rear seat with integrated child boosters
- cruise control
- dual zone auto AC
- rear parking sensors
- trip/mpg computer

Additional info:

- full service/parts history available since 90k miles mark, tons of paperwork + very detailed excel spreadsheet with every work/part/change noted. Full xls file available to anyone interested
- 100% operational, every single knob/switch/part works as intended.
- interior always kept clean and leather treated, non smoking owner
- Engine and gearbox in perfect condition, 12psi boost (VIDA reported) during WOT pull, no hesitation or shuddering
- most suspension and brake parts replaced within last 1.5 years, always using best possible brands (Bilstein B4/Brembo discs/ATE ceramic pads)
- timing belt+WP changed 19k miles ago (INA set)
- plenty thread left on tyres (Goodyear Eagle F1 v6)
- custom catback exhaust fitted 03.2022, no mid-muffler but with rear silencer, improved sound over stock one that rotten out (its subltle but more meaty, sounds amazing but not "in your face")
- recent major fix of exhaust manifold issue, properly done with engine-out, replaced studs and machine-polished manifold surface.
- spare "thin" wheel under boot floor, car originally came without but I got one

some "bad" things (that I notice but most of people probably wont):

- only 1 key (since I got it from previous owner) but 2 spare energency blades for locks
- small chip on windscreen outside of driver's direct view (passed NCT 3 times with it, not bothered by it)
- few dents/scuffs/marks as expected on 18y old car (never bothered much about them, engine&interior was always priority)
- constant "air quality sensor" error reported in Vida (since I got the car, never bothered to replace as its irrelevant for aircon/recirc)
- ocassional "yellow" error reported by Vida related to voltage/parking sensors (sensors work no problems)
- very rarely (like once every 1000km or less) car can throw "hissy fit" and throw OBD P0501 error code (speed sensor) - no EML but you can feel changed characteristic in throttle response - have been experiencing it even since I got the car but gave up on finding the culprit - it stops after driving 2-3 kilometers with steady speed and doesnt come back, remain "grayed" in ECU memory. Has absolutely no implications whatsoever, just "car's nature"
- oil change will be advised within next 1000miles (I was planning to do it before 209k miles according to my schedule)

Additional for-enthusiast info:
- as mentioned, exhaust manifold whistle was recently sorted with machine-polishing of manifold and new studs
- car has no sunroof so no risk of flooding
- in 2020 heater core matrix was replaced to newer spec with no plastic joints - no risk of internal coolant loss
- windscreen replaced 2018, no risk of leaks from old sealant
- CEM cleaned and connectors re-seated few times within last 7 years (anytime I was replacing pollen filter) just as preventative measure
- thermostat housing&thermostat replaced year ago, T-junction radiator hose replaced few years ago
- TCV, MAP, MAF and CBV all replaced at some point (sometimes even twice) zero issues there
- AWD system works perfectly fine (fluids replaced at various points, more details in XLS sheet)
- AC works no problems, compressor gap shimming done few years ago and no issue since
- really good light output thanks to my bixenon mod (original lamps will come with the car aswell).

Negotiable:
- laptop with Vida + DiCE cable can be provided with the car if you want to utilise 100% of P1 platform. My next car unfortunately wont be Volvo
- If for some reason you want original headlamps with fireflies in them instead of bixenon lamps - I can take them out along with HID wiring.

I am really OCD about my cars and always treat them with utmost respect, I drive as intended for car like that but not doing handbrake turns, wheel burnouts, over-revving or other stupid things so I can assure you this car was never abused within my ownership. Always allowing turbo cool-down and maintaining oil change schedule like a gospel.

I probably dont have to explain how much of a unicorn this car is, never seen/heard of another one in ROI since I have this, and according to howmanyleft there is only 16 manual AWDs left in UK and only 1 is SE SPORT like mine. I really hope car will be got by enthusiast who will treat it like I did and keep it on roads as long as possible. Seeing it gone to scrap or as parts bin for RS conversion would be really devastating.

Price is 4.900euro as-is with all mentioned equipment and all spare/extra parts I have for it
If interested, please PM me for more details, photos and detailed history.
Car is available to view in Navan or Dublin (D12) while I'm still driving it. After tax expire it will be only available in Navan.

**Car wont go for sale until I get replacement, so for another 2-3 weeks. I wanted to post it on enthusiast forums first before advertising it on Done Deal and other open channels. Its hard to price car like this having nothing to compare to, in my eyes its worth much more anyway but Im also aware of its age and mileage - Im open for offers if you feel price is unjustified, but please refrain from ridiculous suggestions, Im not in rush in selling it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230608_190745.jpg (366.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20230608_194749.jpg (374.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 20230701_175701.jpg (391.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20230702_121938.jpg (351.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20230608_144435.jpg (268.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20230608_144441.jpg (268.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 20230717_173200.jpg (88.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20230718_134145.jpg (363.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20230718_134313.jpg (299.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20230718_134357.jpg (259.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20230718_134459.jpg (256.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg b&W.jpg (316.3 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1688556522919.jpg (135.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg snow.jpg (110.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg lights02.jpg (265.4 KB, 16 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2023, 16:23   #2
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Ah, another one gone. I thought you'd have this for the rest of your life....

What are you replacing it with, out of interest?
Old Mar 4th, 2024, 16:08   #3
OVLOV310

Hi, have you managed to find a replacement vehicle?
OVLOV310 is offline   Reply With Quote