Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Is it soooo hard to find a good V50??

Views : 663

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 20:58   #1
algeredge1

Default Is it soooo hard to find a good V50??

We have been looking for a tidy V50 R Design for months and months now. Would ideally like 2l diesel in black or grey with Medusa alloys and black leather seats. Want something either 2008-2009 looking to spend up to £8500. Not too bothered about mileage but anything up to or just over 100k wouldnt be a problem.

We have seen so many in poor condition, stone chips, scuffed alloys etc and are sick of spending precious weekends and loads of fuel looking and not being told the whole truth on the phone. Last week a guy even tried to pull a fast one and still had finance on it that he "forgot" to mention up front.

Can it really be so hard????? (ps we are in Staffordshire of anyone has any ideas)
Thanks
algeredge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 21:35   #2
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

they are like a no 10 bus you can wait for ages for the right one then along comes 10 keep waiting if you get one second best you will kick yourself.
mike
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 21:59   #3
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

if i am being utterly honest you will see a fair few people going back to 17's on the P1 cars because the ride is so much better.

but yeah there are plenty 2.0D's are the most plentiful engine.
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 15:24   #4
Daim
Brit in Germany

Well, being a USED buyer, you can't demand much... That is the big problem. You have to hope that someone is willing to sell their car, which is configured to your wish equipment.

As I was looking for a C30, I was willing to order new from my local dealership. Would have been entirely different from colours (I wanted Safari Green and Java Brown ) but the fittings would have been near to the same (a few less). I asked how long it would take, before the car would be delivered and was told it would take up to 3 months... I couldn't wait so I bought my current C30. And personally spoken, I couldn't have done better...

I learned, that you either have to lower your demands and possibly buy a few pieces afterwards (say a V50 with 17"s and retrofit the 18"s) or wait until it MIGHT POSSIBLE SOMETIME come by...

2010 V70 (Type 135) D5 (D5244T10) Automatic (TF-80SC)
Daim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 16:15   #5
phaedrus

Mine is for sale, advertised in the V50 for sale section here and on ebay, there are the few inevitable small marks from 73000 miles but in very good condition, I could email you close-up pics of the bodywork to save you a journey if you want to email me at nmullinger@gmail.com. It's a '57 plate and metallic grey and I am hoping for no less than £8k.
phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 16:17   #6
phaedrus

Also if it helps I will be in the car in Hixon in Staffordshire at some point this week, probably Tuesday.
phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote