Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

!!! HELP!!! 960KG, GATOS.anyone with knowledge.. no clutch

Views : 18952

Replies : 171

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 12th, 2011, 17:26   #101
Dog_Book
Idiot

Yeah shame your not closer would be good to help with this one

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog_Book For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 17:32   #102
neanderthal
Master Member

sorry this is the reply to 960kg..thanks for that,what i had to do was move the disc around in order to guide the shaft towards the middle of the hole and while holding the disc and shaft,shove a couple of bricks under with my foot as a close guide to get some height,then while holding the shaft as close to central position again,lift the disc and let go of the shaft out of my left hand,while putting another brick under,to get it to the right level,then the shaft was half and half in....then pushed the shaft all the way.....now you know why i must have made a mistake in them ten goes..........this should be a chuckle brother guide.HEHEHE
neanderthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 17:33   #103
Dog_Book
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
..thanks for that,what i had to do was move the disc around in order to guide the shaft towards the middle of the hole and while holding the disc and shaft,shove a couple of bricks under with my foot as a close guide to get some height,then while holding the shaft as close to central position again,lift the disc and let go of the shaft out of my left hand,while putting another brick under,to get it to the right level,then the shaft was half and half in....then pushed the shaft all the way.....now you know why i must have made a mistake in them ten goes..........this should be a chuckle brother guide.HEHEHE
Im suprised you didnt hurt your back.

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 17:41   #104
neanderthal
Master Member

i dont know whats going on,but this is a message for mikeleader.....hi again,thats interesting information,but now its getting too deep for me.lets hope i can get results tomorrow from a scrappy....thanks

Last edited by neanderthal; Nov 12th, 2011 at 17:43.
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 18:00   #105
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealder View Post
One other thought is to expand the M56 applicability, what I mean by this is that the same box is fitted to the V70 but are the output shafts the same spline (diameter, length and number of teeth). Measure the diameter with a Micrometer/ Vernier as it needs to be accurate.

If someone can post up the above information from an S/V40 here we can cross check it with the same details from a V70 drive shaft, assuming it checks as the same then a gearbox from either a V70 or S40 etc could be used to supply the diff part that neanderthal requires - Mike
That was an excellent thread you found about the Quaiffe dif

Good idea about the V70 and even the 850 series, they all use the same box as you say as it is the strongest for the horsepower, so far they survive 700bhp the M90 as in the 960 so far has been to 400bhp ,that is what information i have found so far but in Vadis although the M56 box is used it is an M56LK in the V70 and this 2003 diesel is M56DSL some are LH and that means the ratio`s are different but i think that is all so therefore those shims should be the same as they only keep those sun planet cogs in closer mesh as you know

the part number is 8602541 and is the same for the D4192T3 Or T4 it may be stamped on the casing edge somewhere so may come in handy for neanderthal when looking for a secondhand one?

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 18:00   #106
neanderthal
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
Let us know of the prices of the Gearboxes you get. If it is too much, let us know here. I have a spare gearbox but I would rather it went as a whole as it is in very good condition. If the prices you get are too stupid, we can arrange something
thats very kind of you gatos,but as i only need that one item i will keep looking ringing trying begging(hehehe)....i bet your watching football
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 22:19   #107
neanderthal
Master Member

/////////////

Last edited by neanderthal; Nov 12th, 2011 at 23:10.
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 13:58   #108
neanderthal
Master Member

hi again,update.rang a few scrappys,but no luck...have 2 possible leads for tomorrow.thanks
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 23:39   #109
Anadinolin
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
Let us know of the prices of the Gearboxes you get. If it is too much, let us know here. I have a spare gearbox but I would rather it went as a whole as it is in very good condition. If the prices you get are too stupid, we can arrange something
i didnt have time to get down to my local scrappy this weekend, iv been to a masquerade ball, taken my new gf out on a date, changed the brake disks and pads (we had to take an angle grinder to the bolts in the end) attent a birthday party and run scouts and a rememberance day parade...im glad i have next week off...ill see if i can pop down the scrapyard and see about the gearbox there
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 00:51   #110
neanderthal
Master Member

hi anadinolin,thanks for the reply,that would be great if you could do that,it looks like i will also have to take an angle grinder to the bolts.in the meantime of course,i will keep everyone updated...thanks