Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 960 cd 2.5 Petrol, Manual 1995 Estate

Views : 6047

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 15th, 2010, 19:38   #1
RIPcompo
Grouch

Smile Volvo 960 cd 2.5 Petrol, Manual 1995 Estate

Hi,

After selling my mkII Golf, I picked this up as I felt the need for a bit of comfort and luxury over the colder months. Now I am looking for something a bit smaller and have decided to put Tucker up for sale.

He is a lovely runner and has low mileage for his age - only 114,000 miles. Im pleased know that a tow-bar has never been fitted, so the engine still feels nice and tight.

· Full Service History
· Taxed until end July 2010
· MOT due in October 2010
· All 4 tyres have 4 mm tread
· Manual and all other paperwork complete.

Tucker has been meticulously maintained by the previous owner with no expense spared. There are receipts for £100's in the last 12 months alone.

Its Interior/Comfort Options make it such a nice place to be. The heated leather seats make getting to it first thing in the morning a pleasure and thanks to the adjustable electrics you can get set in for the long haul.

It has all the options - Alloy Wheels (no curbing) + Spare with new tyre, Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric heated leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Seats, Power Windows, Sunroof, Tilt Steering Wheel.

This thing is in its element when shown an A road, the v6 has a nice rasp when opening it up, but refined as you like when cruising at any speed. MPG is as you would expect from an engine this size, but as it is sweet as a nut, it returns the same figures as it did when it hopped off the boat from Sweden.

The boot space will swallow anything you can throw at it - Camping Stuff, Kids, Dogs, Tip Runs, Ikea Trips the lot. You can comfortably fit a grown man in the back, I tried this out last week then we had some sun and enjoyed a couple of bottles of Becks in its mobile Solarium out back.

Practicality wise you may think that this thing is a nightmare to get about but although you cannot get it into a parking space as you would a smart car, its turning circle is amazing. I live up a rabbit warren of back roads and can turn this car around with fingertip ease thanks to this and the PAS.

With any car of this age, there are always a few points to note:

· The Power Steering Unit has a slow leak - The previous owner had a quote of about £200 to replace the PSU, but we have always been happy to simply have the fluid topped up every 3-4 months.
· The rear centre brake light (on the rear window) is loose and held on with duck tape (see photo)
· The rubber seal on the lower driver corner of the windscreen is loose and held down with tape (see photo)

Otherwise, in my opinion, this car is in exceptional condition - the leather interior is super-soft without being thread-bare and the electrics all work perfectly.

Supplied with Mats in the front and back (so the carpet underneath is also lovely).

Me and Tucker are located in Holmfirth HD9.

Price wise I am looking at around £1000 ono. I would also consider part ex/swapsies.

Thanks for looking,

Tom

^_^

Last edited by tt82; Oct 12th, 2017 at 14:31. Reason: Removed contact details on behalf of OP
RIPcompo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 20:50   #2
RIPcompo
Grouch

Hmmm, 100 views and not a reply. You no likey?
Old May 17th, 2010, 20:59   #3
st5ve
S60 R

Looks a nice example and a manual I am sure it well sell soon enough
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 21:06   #4
yoda960
Volvo 960

Looks lovely, good luck with the sale fellow Huddersfield-ite
yoda960 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 21:15   #5
RIPcompo
Grouch

Cheers fellas, if we didn't have such a lovely house I would get a decent sleeping bag and move into it
Old May 18th, 2010, 05:47   #6
treehorndogsbody
VOC Member

Default V6??

I am sure in your description of your lovely looking 960, as it having a V6 engine is an oversight, as the photograph shows, it has the wonderful straght six white block lump we fellow 960/S90/V90 owners know and love. Good luck with the sale, it does look lovely, one of the best coachwork and interior colour combinations in my opinion. I would jump at the chance to own it if it were not for having five Volvos already, three 960 CD estates, a S90 and a V70 AWD Auto. Try taking it to the York Raceway meet later this month and let the potential punters see it 'in the flesh' and see if the VOC grapevine works its magic. All best wishes,A. VOC 22929
Old May 18th, 2010, 22:26   #7
RIPcompo
Grouch

haha, shame I can edit my original post.

The purr of the straight 6 is worth the pain at the pumps alone.

Ive had so much fun owning this car. When I pulled away from the last owners house, I was thinking "what the hell have you just done!" then 2 minutes down the road I knew I had stumbled upon something amazing.

Was it not for yearning for another old golf, this would be mine for many years to come. How I will miss the pure luxury of it
Old May 22nd, 2010, 16:34   #8
RIPcompo
Grouch

BUMP for some glorious weather
Old May 23rd, 2010, 18:54   #9
space

PM sent!
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:20   #10
wlad