Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

3 CD Changer Issues

Views : 787

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 20th, 2020, 17:45   #1
djwazza68
Djwazza68

Smile 3 CD Changer Issues

The 3 CD changer in my V70 appears knackered; the cassette doesn't fit smoothly and I get no engagement of the CDs. Is it a case of replacing if I want it to work, or is there some clever trick that someone knows about that will miraculously fix it?
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 21:59   #2
capt jack
VOC Member

When we had this exact same issue with the same unit in our S70 we simply tracked down a decent SC805 unit. It's a straight swap.

Since then I've repaired the SC805 several times - the one currently in the car is actually made up of bits from three different 805 units.

Unless you really need the 3-CD changer then personally I'd get on to Ebay and look for a decent SC800 series unit, ideally with the code and a warranty.

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 14:32   #3
stevepcar
Steve

Default CD Changer not working

Hi sorry to jump in on this, but my changer stopped working after car had been stood for 7 years, no amount of cleaning the heads seemed to work. So I got a second hand one from one of the forum members. It worked perfectly as soon as I tried it after installation on this Tuesday & several times after on the same day. So I turned it off and left it until today. Switched it on today and it won't play. It selects the cd, but doesn't play it and eventually reads 0:0 It has been damp/rained heavily for the last 5-days, although don't know why that should make any difference, but I took the disc indoors & it works on my CD player. Anybody got any ideas on what I should do next? I can't believe that it has just become knackered after 4-days of non-use when it worked so well when I first installed it.
stevepcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 16:30   #4
vampwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwazza68 View Post
The 3 CD changer in my V70 appears knackered; the cassette doesn't fit smoothly and I get no engagement of the CDs. Is it a case of replacing if I want it to work, or is there some clever trick that someone knows about that will miraculously fix it?

I may actually have a fully functioning SC805 sat in the garage. Bought it about 2yrs ago to go into a Volvo FM but thankfully wrong connections for the FM.
vampwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 01:17   #5
djwazza68
Djwazza68

Thanks for all replies, my radio still works well, it is just the 3 CD player part of the system that’s had it. If anyone has one for parts then I might try to combine the 2 to make one functional unit.
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 14:36   #6
stevepcar
Steve

Default CD Changer not working

I got my changer working again today by being persisitent. It wouldnt play at all this morning, but I get on pressing all 6-buttons & eventually got it to play all cds. It doesnt always pick up the next disc after finishing, but by pressing the relevant button it eventually plays. Good luck
stevepcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 00:12   #7
djwazza68
Djwazza68

Default Bluetooth adapter?

Perhaps a better use of my cash might be to add a Bluetooth adapter to the stereo to provide a modern solution and add hands free at the same time.

Can anyone recommend a good solution?
Old Nov 24th, 2020, 23:40   #8
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Wazza

I cannot recco the Yatour enough - fitted it in both my 70’s - easy to fit, great sound but always good to have a disc player as well
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella666 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 04:55   #9
Stumo

^^+1 Yatour - cheap and reliable !
The Following User Says Thank You to Stumo For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 09:55   #10
Bigfella666
Premier Member

And it looks like the Yatour also works in the Southern hemisphere if you are ever heading that way !!
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella666 For This Useful Post: