Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Considering purchasing a 2020 S60 T5 and need opinions

Views : 533

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 25th, 2022, 19:04   #1
Sweethy

Default Considering purchasing a 2020 S60 T5 and need opinions

Hello all,

As the title mentioned I am considering purchasing a 2020 S60 T5.

I test drove one this morning, albeit a 2021 (only model available at my local Volvo dealer) I must admit I was impressed by the whole package.

So, I know that opinions from this forum will be bias but is there common fault to be aware of? Or any other piece of information on those cars?

Thank you
Sweethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 20:01   #2
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweethy View Post
Hello all,

I test drove one this morning, albeit a 2021 (only model available at my local Volvo dealer) I must admit I was impressed by the whole package.

So, I know that opinions from this forum will be bias but is there common fault to be aware of? Or any other piece of information on those cars?

Thank you
I am new to Volvo, I purchased a 2020 S60, and as a previous VW Audi Group typical car owner, I am very impressed with the cars build quality, feel and tech.

It's not just a common sight on the roads, same old VW Golf, same old Audi A5.

The S60 is a comfortable cruiser and has some really nice features, interior door handle, footwell and door pocket LEDs for example which only come with premium Audi's, and head up displays that don't stick out the dashboard like the Peugeots have sticking out of the dashlike a 1990s computer game.

I test drove a T5 before I ordered my T8 in 2019 (no dealers have a T8 demo to try) and was thoroughly impressed with it. I wanted a really hard test drive on bumpy roads and it performed well. No rattles etc.

The 2020 if built before Q3 will have no silly 112mph speed limiter, it will have the drive mode selector wheel near the start twist switch, it will also likely have the hands free boot opener and a few other accessories the newer ones don't come with.

Common faults is something I'm trying to gather for the T8 model but not many complaints so far (also offered other T5 owners to comment).

I would just recommend ensuring that as it's a 2020 model you have evidence that it not just been sat during lockdown on a long life service (or not serviced at all) but the 2.0 petrol engines are serviced yearly, not like VW which is on a 18k mile or 2 year interval I believe.

Hope this helps your decision, it's a step above most of the other brands offerings such as the 3 series BMW and the common Audi's.

The final thing I have noticed, is that there are more complaints about other models in the Volvo range, the S60 was built in a dedicated factory in the USA and not China, and I personally feel this gives the S60 the edge. The same factory will be expanding to polestars soon.

Last edited by rhd443; Aug 25th, 2022 at 20:04.
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 21:05   #3
Sweethy

Thank you for your reply.

Would have to have a look to make sure it's a 2020 model, not sure how to do that but will look into it
Sweethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 10:51   #4
Franko1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweethy View Post
Hello all,

Thank you
Although not the T5, I got an MY22 S60 Inscription B5 petrol.
At the minute I would rate it very highly. Not much issues at all, and a great car to drive with lots of toys.