Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Hankook tyres

Views : 846

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 4th, 2023, 11:41   #1
Silverskipper

Default Hankook tyres

Hi everyone

I’m well aware this subject forever raises its head? But any info would be greatly appreciated
I have a 2019 xc40 T4 awd with Michelins fitted , on 27000 and getting ready for a change?
In the past I’ve always had either Pirelli or Hankook tyres the later being my preference due to handling and low noise

Has anyone fitted Hankooks on their xc40 ? I thought of replacing with Michelins but the cost has shot up !

Any thoughts very much welcomed

Ps the xc40 to be honest drives faultless , comfy not bad fuel economy at 40.1 and spacious
Silverskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 11:46   #2
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

No, not on the '40, but they are really excellent on our XC70. Recommended - and on some tests rated higher than CC2s.

Also take a look at Vred. Quatrac 6s, very similar to the Hankooks.

ETA
Am assuming we're talking all seasons tyres here?

Last edited by Bonefishblues; Jan 4th, 2023 at 12:30.
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 12:20   #3
Damoh89

Not used them on volvo but Ventura evo2 was all I could get for corsa vxr with out a long wait was better than on limit non brand that came off and seem ok to be fair only issue I had was aqua plain in serious down pours on motorways but Handel wet and dry fine even driven hard
Damoh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 16:16   #4
passenger
Master Member

This is my 3-4.set of Hankook. VentusPrime2 is garbage. But VPS1 evo3 is really good. This is my 2. set S1 evo3
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passenger For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 21:57   #5
Silverskipper

Thanks guys, ive noticed that Eagle appear to be highly recommended but yet to find someone with great feedback on the xc40 tyre preferences?

Gues like all of us im looking for good handling in wet/dry , all season tyres and a brand that will do good mileage ?
Silverskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2023, 22:12   #6
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

I had a big wrecking a while back and the car was shod in Hankies, went round in a circle at least 1.5 times and the tyres gripped so hard the axles were in full drifting mode \ \ on two wheels and / / on the other two when it finally came to a stop, I was opp locking like mad at the time as well so that might've had something to do with it as I thought I'd had a blow out rather than a van hit me just behind the B pillar at an estimated 60 mph running a red.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2023, 10:41   #7
Ursicles

If you have costco membership - give them a try as usually pretty cheap for good brands.
Ursicles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hankook, tyres, xc40