Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus Maps updated

Views : 4813

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2023, 19:16   #31
splottlands

Default sensus sat nav - bricked

Ive just tried to update my my 64 plate xc60 sensus sat nav and its bricked

Ive had the usb in for over 35 hrs( i reset the trip display) and everytime i select the nav button or from the the display nothing happens...

the usb port works as ive transfered a mp3 to the HDD

Any help appreciated

TIA
splottlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2023, 21:24   #32
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by splottlands View Post
Ive just tried to update my my 64 plate xc60 sensus sat nav and its bricked

Ive had the usb in for over 35 hrs( i reset the trip display) and everytime i select the nav button or from the the display nothing happens...

the usb port works as ive transfered a mp3 to the HDD

Any help appreciated

TIA

Re-download the update file

Verify it first with the Volvo verification tool before putting it in the car

Cleanse a USB stick with Active Killdisk

Format it Fat32 (if the disk isn't initialised right click in the Win menu and select disk management and do it there)

Drag the files not the folder over iirc onto the USB stick

Take to the car and re-try expect it to take probably 4 hours minimum to load in ok and don't disturb the stick while it's connected.

If this fails I'd delete the MP3's you put on as well and re-boot the head unit.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 12th, 2023, 20:25   #33
Micky045

evening everyone

Purchased my first Volvo yesterday (2015 XC60) and I have to say I'm very impressed with it. However, one thing I noticed when I picked the car up is the sat nav is out of date. I know this because it didn't bring up my postcode when I tried to enter it in (live in an estate that was build about 5-6 years ago).

One thing I didn't prepare myself for was how much of a stress it was going to be trying to update this myself. I've tried downloading the Europe maps (20GB) onto a USB (no good and getting an error about not all of the files being downloaded - took hours of waiting and about 3-4 attempts) and onto my hard disk/desktop so I can just move it to the USB that way, however, when I try I'm getting the following error:

trouble writing to storage. Make sure the user account has sufficient permissions and please try again

As I thought it was an issue with the USB, despite formatting it etc, I've ended up purchasing a new one to use (not tried using this yet as it's getting delivered tomorrow).

Is anyone familiar with these errors and can offer their assistance please? I'm trying to do the update on a 2021 MacBook Pro.

Thanks
Micky045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2023, 20:44   #34
MacV50
Master Member

Your USB needs to be formatted in FAT32 for it to work. I've had no issues downloading but have had a couple of issues doing the update but they've always been resolved by restarting the update
Old Mar 12th, 2023, 21:08   #35
Micky045

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacV50 View Post
Your USB needs to be formatted in FAT32 for it to work. I've had no issues downloading but have had a couple of issues doing the update but they've always been resolved by restarting the update
Yea, I’ve done that as I saw it was highly advised on this forum and others. I’ve tried both FAT32 and exFAT and nothing. Hopefully, by using a brand new, already formatted USB stick, this will fix it. Incredibly stressfully trying to sort what should be a relatively straight forward issue
Micky045 is offline   Reply With Quote