Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1951 Jupiter with Volvo B18 and M41 OD

Views : 1453

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 16th, 2021, 16:52   #11
Army
marches on his stomach

If the original engine is gone then I think that's something that is probably worth accepting.

It could be worse - for example - these days people seem to think that LS3s should be put in everything...

...if I had the means I'd certainly be interested in buying this car - originality would not be a factor.

(I bet it has already found a new home - this is just pure fantasy - may be one day I'll trade some of my stable for a Javelin or a nice Pathfinder)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 23:08   #12
DORETTI

I was looking for a Jowett Javelin a few years ago but was worried about getting spares so I bought a Citroen Light 15 instead, equally innovative but 750,000 made so spares easily available. Still love the look of the Javelin and have now compromised with a PV544.
DORETTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2021, 09:36   #13
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORETTI View Post
I was looking for a Jowett Javelin a few years ago but was worried about getting spares so I bought a Citroen Light 15 instead, equally innovative but 750,000 made so spares easily available. Still love the look of the Javelin and have now compromised with a PV544.
Thanks for your post - funny - it has reminded me of the car I already own: The PV544 is indeed rather Javeline-esq - I hadn't made the connection until now!

I did wonder why I bought my 544 on a whim...
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 14:50   #14
markymar93

sent PM. Thanks Mark
markymar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 17:31   #15
Rodknock

Hi Mark,
The car will need some panel beating on the left side door and rear fender. The birdcage frame is in great shape still sporting tight black paint from the 1980's. The plywood floor, battery boxes and the bottoms of the cowl all need repair.
The car comes with a complete but apart original engine from the desirable 1953 year and some other parts to put it back to original. I believe it is a much better car with the Volvo - better weight distribution and much more reliable, powerful and fun. It is on brand new Continental 185/65R15's but has a full set of 5 original 16" wheels in great shape.
The title is clean State of Colorado, USA
I hope to get it running this week.
I am asking $10,000.
Thank you.
Tim
Rodknock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rodknock For This Useful Post: