Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Boot Open Warning + broken lock

Views : 1419

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 16:18   #1
davehazz

Default Boot Open Warning + broken lock

Hi all,

My first of hopefully many posts on here!

I wonder if anybody can help, I had what seems to be a common problem on my 55 plate S40 with my boot being closed but a warning light showing on the dash saying it is open.

After reading about it, it seemed I needed to check the wiring for splits/breaks/bends/kinks in the boot and also potentially change the boot lid lock itself.

I took the boot lid lock out to examine it and put it back in not realising I should have recoiled it, when I closed the lid part of the plastic inside snapped so at the moment I have to unbolt the lock everytime i need to close the boot again!

Obviously a replacement is needed but i am having severe trouble in sourcing one. I've tried all the big breakers on the internet and local breakers but they have not been able to find me one. Apparently there was an early version 2004-05 which a few are available and then a revision was made for 2005 onwards which is what i think i need.

On my broken lock i have the following;
- 01043431006 which i guess is the part number
-FoMoCo 4N51-F442-A66 AM. I'm guessing this stands for Ford Motor Company and therefore I may be better trying to source a Focus boot lock? I've seen this one on eBay which looks identical to mine, and i'm just wondering if anybody knows if they are in fact the same part?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus...item2c6bf7a87f

I'm just a bit reluctant to waste £25 plus delivery as they are likely to not want to refund me if its the wrong part!

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

David
davehazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 17:52   #2
nofinchance

see below for edit

Last edited by nofinchance; Jan 30th, 2013 at 17:56.
nofinchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 17:55   #3
nofinchance

hi. fomoco is indeed a Ford used prefix on part numbers. I am told that the s40 shares a lot of parts with the Focus as Ford now own Volvo .However the focus has a push to open button for the boot on the dash so not sure as to this part as it stats 'electronic release' could you not ask the seller for any part numbers on his lock?. The original problem is probably at the bend in the wires where they enter the boot compartment. I had a receipt with my cars paperwork from a locksmith who repaired the exact fault you now have and that was the wiring. I have no boot light but must be a reason so I have left it alone!
nofinchance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nofinchance For This Useful Post:

Tags
boot, boot lock, lock, warning light