Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

18's update

Views : 697

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 12th, 2011, 16:58   #1
BobbyV

Default 18's update

Right i finally got a new set of wheels, they are 18's with 215/35/18 tyres and a offset of 44. Now for those thinking of doing this i can confirm that with my lowered suspension (35mm) theres is still a good 5mm gap all round the tyre.

Here are some pics

excuse the rubbish grill im waiting for my eggcrate

Now im happy with them, was gonna go for some Kei RSS deep dish wheels black with chrome rim.

Think they would have looked pretty shweeeet but these made financial sense.

If someone is interested in the Kei's ive not seen them and cant vouch for their condition, all I know is that they need at least two new tyres and are around 200quid collected. Not a bad price in my opinion but for me these just made more sense.
BobbyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 17:31   #2
T4Rick
Premier Member

Looks good mate
T4Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 18:37   #3
Dog_Book
Idiot

Nice, not seen that make before look really nice on our cars simple designs do. Where oyu get them form?

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 18:59   #4
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Those look great!

How's the ride with em on ?

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 19:08   #5
BobbyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
Nice, not seen that make before look really nice on our cars simple designs do. Where oyu get them form?
Thanks, glad you like them, they came of an imported prelude, some japonese brand i have never heard of but they are kind of old school plain. Their in really good nick and not seen the design before myself, one reason i got them

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
Those look great!

How's the ride with em on ?
well ill be honest the ride is hard, you dont feel normal bumps as much as on 17s but when you hit a big one you can really feel it through the car, also the back end is lighter and you can really feel the grip but then it lets go without any warning. I expect the budget Nangkangs arent helping but had them before and as long as its dry their not too bad.

Got to get them balanced up tomorrow as theres a little vibration but their pretty spotless and the tyres all have 7mm plus tread so hoping to keep them for a while.
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 19:24   #6
btsam
Master Member

44 offset, nice! i got away with a 38 on my p2.

how noisy are the nankangs? i had to get rid of some similar budget brand as it sounds like all the wheel bearings had gone, lol

also btw, what did you use to lower it with?

s

Showroom thread - http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=85795

Last edited by btsam; Mar 12th, 2011 at 19:29.
btsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 19:40   #7
BobbyV

Their not bad sam, but they are quiet a hard compound so on certain tarmac they do make a fair bit of noise. 215/35/18 are pretty rare and damn expensive, well part worns anyway cos im a cheapo.

Iirc they are apex springs on stock struts,happy with them looks wise anyway, i was thinking yesterday about your struts then i remembered i promissed to stop spending money on my car.But like you said i could drop it another at least another 10mm without rubbing but as im already having problems with speed bumps that probs not the best idea. Am fairly hapy with current stance, oh btw looked for the offset on my compos but coulnt see it, gonna wash them tommorrow so hoping to fing it under the brake dust