Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti skid service required

Views : 61034

Replies : 132

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 13:59   #21
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john40 View Post
yes £95 an hour plus vat so its £114 an hour, been in touch with volvo uk today and they are not interested because i've had it serviced at an independant even though all the parts are genuine volvo parts, i tryed to explain that when i got the car from MILL VOLVO NEWCASTLE that i was told the mot only had 6 months left and that they said as part of the deal they would not service it now as it was due same time as mot and they would do both together free of charge in 6 months, needless to say when the car went in and they came at me with a bill for over £400 (it failed mot and part was not covered )i infromed them that it was ment to be free as per sales agreement, they held my car for 2 days till i parted with money.
they robbed me blind and this is apart from the £200 cash back for buying a used car on a certain weekend that has never turned up even after lots of phone calls and them saying its sent from volvo uk who in turn said what cash back ? i said after the very expensive they would never see my car again.
so even after being robbed/conned out of well over £600 volvo uk think i should have went back.
i can say with hand on heart this is the first and last volvo i will ever own.
i've not had one fault on this car fixed under the warranty it seems to me nothing is covered.

p.s. just in case anyone from mill or volvo uk read these son's dealer startstone jaguar newcastle , pick up and drop his car off cleaned inside and out(polished not just washed) put a smelly in the car and he pay's £102 an hour and hes never had a problem they even fix things out of warranty FOC or give a discount, they know what aftersales service is.
Fortunately your storey is not the 'norm' for all dealers up and down the country.

You should however name and shame the Volvo dealer you used so others can be aware of their antics. You should also have all the sales stuff in writing that they have promised they would do (free MOT, warranty work, service and £200 cash back). With this information in hand you could be at your local Trading Standards office and take the dealership to the cleaners. Above and beyond all this you should let Volvo UK know (in writing) exactly what has a happened and send them copies of the paperwork with the dealerships details and promises. The dealership would soon be brought into line.

Being offered £200 cashback for purchasing on a certain weekend will be a local dealer thing and will have nothing to do with Volvo UK. I'm not suprised Volvo UK have no idea what your on about with this point.

If it is a case of just verbal talk and nothing written down then I'm afraid you have not got much of a leg to stand on, but don't think just because this one dealer has ripped you off that all dealers are the same.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 16:06   #22
sjamies

Happened with me too - S40 2006 - dreaded 'anti skid service required' fault code came on. Took my car to approved Volvo dealer in London, they initially quoted £850 for the Break Control Module unit, but said Volvo UK would pay half towards it as it was a known fault.

As my car was more than 60 months old, Volvo only contributed half the cost. It would have been 100% had the car been < 60 months old.
sjamies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 20:14   #23
michaelab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
S40 D5 56 plate 42k and out of warranty
The dreaded anti skid service warning come on the other day, the car was due to go to the garage( HR Owen ) for regular service so asked them to look at it. They then informed me after running a diagnostic check that it was a faulty
ABS module but they were happy to inform me that Volvo UK will be picking up the tab for this as it is a known issue and my model is covered up till 2013...The bill for this would have been in excess £1200 for diagnostic,ABS bits and labour... So if any of you also have this warning come up on a model about the same age as mine get check out at a Volvo garage with luck you will be covered.
Have a C70 2007 model. Went for a scheduled service today. The Anti Skid light came on about 10 days ago and they agreed to check it with the service. When the Dealer contacted me to say the service was complete they also said the BCU had gone and that was why the light was on. In the same breath they said a replacement BCU was in hand with Volvo picking up the tab for all of it inc. diagnostics & labour. I just got in at 5 years old so it is 100%. After that it would have been 50%. Take heart.
michaelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 16:29   #24
axle4

Quote:
Originally Posted by busy builder View Post
Well, we took car into Arnold Clarks in Inverness. They checked it out, washed it cleaned it inside and out...and it was mucky !!

No problem bring it in Wednesday 3 hours it'll be fixed....FREE yippee !!

Now that's what I call service.
had a problem with my V70 cross country and they were great, volvo garage couldn't fit me in but they got the ford one to have a look, dropped the car with them and after a free coffee they took me back to the camp site about 8 miles away, phoned me twice and also phoned volvo in Sweden! then collected me all free of charge.
need more firms like them 1st rate.
axle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 15:17   #25
stoneybeck

Hi Camevad. I have the same anti-skid service light on my motor. My Volvo dealer says it will cost me £759.00 for the part alone (brake modulator 2.3vst). Can I ask you who you contacted at Volvo & if possible could you forward the e-mail from them to "carl.hood@tiscali.co.uk" Thanks, in advance.
stoneybeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 16:41   #26
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by camevad View Post
I had the Anti-Skid Service light come on 4 monthsago and diagnostic check was done as part of regular service. Fault code said ABS module needed replacing. Car was just out of warranty so had to fork out 1000 euro (ireland) to have it replaced at a main dealer.

Since then I've joind this forum and a lot of people reckoned Volvo should cover the cost. Got on to Volvo and questioned this and they put their hands up and have informed me (I have the email if anyone wants proof) that the main dealer will be reimbursing me for the full cost next week.

That's what these forums are all about folks so all I can say is a HUGE thank you.
Hi Camevad,
Getting diagnostics done on my 2005 S40 on Friday for the same fault, could I get the e-maill off you if they try to charge me the full amount?
McTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 13:59   #27
Hwith

Default ABS/Anti-skid

Camecad, I am very interested to read your comments and I'd be very grateful for a copy of that letter you got from Volvo re the replacing of the faulty ABS module in your car, if you still have it. I seem to have the same problem and am looking for ammunition when I go back to my Volvo dealer, as I have a feeling they will try to avoid responsibility for the job. My car is not yet 2 years old, so maybe I'm being unnecessarily alarmed, but it's always worth being prepared......
Hwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 16:10   #28
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Well I've just had an Anti-Skid service required scare.

Just been up to Scotland for Christmas and and after a 540 mile trip all was well but the following day I got in the car and done a short trip and again all seemed to be well, however on my return journey a couple of hours later I got the dredded 'Anti-Skid Service Required' message appear on the DIM - doh! Not impressed.

I turnbed engine off, took out key left for a while turned engine back on again in the hope it would disappear but no the dredded message was still there. I then decided to to take the car for a short drive and done a few heavy sharp brake maneouvers and returned to the car park - still with 'Anti-Skid Service' message on dash. On parking up I turned engine off and turned back on but now the message changed to 'Anti-Skid Off'. I thought this was strange so I turned engine off and on a few times but still the DIM would show 'Anti-Skid Off'. I went for another short trip and after another couple of brake manoevers I returned to the car park again, turned engine off and back on again and this time the 'Anti-Skid Off' message had now gone and back to NO messages at all.

Now days later, I've never had another Anti-Skid message and everything has been fine (touch wood).

Fingers crossed as my car is a 2004 and I'd be looking at stumping up the full amount for the repair that it doesn't come back again.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 19:14   #29
CountryboyS40

Quote:
Originally Posted by camevad View Post
I had the Anti-Skid Service light come on 4 monthsago and diagnostic check was done as part of regular service. Fault code said ABS module needed replacing. Car was just out of warranty so had to fork out 1000 euro (ireland) to have it replaced at a main dealer.

Since then I've joind this forum and a lot of people reckoned Volvo should cover the cost. Got on to Volvo and questioned this and they put their hands up and have informed me (I have the email if anyone wants proof) that the main dealer will be reimbursing me for the full cost next week.

That's what these forums are all about folks so all I can say is a HUGE thank you.
Hi Camevad

I have also got the dreaded message. Any chance you still have the email from Volvo? If you do can you possibly send it to me at shane_lawson@sky.com

Holdcroft Volvo have said they will pay 50/50 but like many others I also find this unacceptable.
Any help you could give would be excellent. Cheers
CountryboyS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CountryboyS40 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 14:28   #30
ddexter289

If you could please email it to me as well (dcdexter@gmail.com), I would greatly appreciate it!
ddexter289 is offline   Reply With Quote