Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

northwest meet

Views : 1190

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 7th, 2006, 17:51   #1
2lude
Honda prelude god

Default northwest meet

hello everybody hope you don't mind me registering but i'm organising a owner's club meet in the
lancaster area this started life on the honda boards and i'm gauging interest from other owner's clubs
the date is to be confimed yet but here are the details

Brewsters Inn

Caton Rd, Lancaster, LA1 3PE

it is very easily accessible come off the m6 jnc 34 turn right and then first left your there you really can't miss it

well parking is no issue whatsoever the pub it's self has a reasonably small car park BUT next to it there is a VERY large car park for total fitness and a industrial park it has one main car park with well over a guestimated 1000 spaces which i very much doubt we will fill

as for fun roads there are LO T's

if you turn left out of the pub and keep going on the a road (a6?) this heads onto the Kirby lonsdale/ devils bridge roads witch are infamous in motorbike circles if you wanted to venture further than that there are some more biker lanes up past white scar caves and beyond that cumbria/Yorkshire is your playground

hope i have covered your queries

so how many people would be interested off this forum?

i'll update this thread as often as i can

cheers neil
2lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 22:22   #2
eddyramrod
Son of Lovejoy!

Hi Neil.

Good luck with this. You might have two Volvos here, me and Dave (often found as a pair!); might I also suggest you check out www.aacnw.com and see if the American Auto Club North West would like to join you, that'll fill your car park! You could also try www.westlancsmg.co.uk and seek out the committee details; that club is always up for a run out! Let us know when you have a date in mind...
Old Dec 4th, 2006, 01:27   #3
2lude
Honda prelude god

hi there cheers for the responce and help the meet is now unfortunatly being defered to the new year due to the sad loss of a freind to cancer and also my car being involved in a acciden't so it's looking that it will be feb onward's ill keep the thread informed

cheer's
neil
2lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 20:04   #4
eddyramrod
Son of Lovejoy!

You must be due for a change of luck there Neil! Wish you all the best, just let us know when you have something lined up.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 22:28   #5
Steam hammer

Thumbs up North West Meet

Live in Cumbria area and its nice to know that not everything happpens in the South or the Midlands.

So depending when your proposed meet is I would be keen to participate

240 GLT auto estate (well Tidy)

Cheers

Steam hammer

Steam hammer by name gentle by nature
Steam hammer is offline   Reply With Quote