Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

walnut dash trim removal ??

Views : 2373

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 25th, 2012, 20:40   #11
D5driver
No Spam here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabuilda View Post
Do you use the di-noc 3M film? How much for the brushed aluminium look please?
I use KPMF but can get 3M stuff as well. How much brushed aluminium would you want? it come 1500mm wide by the meter.

One things for sure. No matter how bad something may be, it will have been much much worse and with lots more drama for the spammer
D5driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 19:05   #12
mjam

I am guessing but I doubt I would need more than a metre. Thanks
mjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:31   #13
D5driver
No Spam here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjam View Post
I am guessing but I doubt I would need more than a metre. Thanks
I just checked the price for brushed aluminium, Pricing per metre x 1524mm wide £35.15 p/m

One things for sure. No matter how bad something may be, it will have been much much worse and with lots more drama for the spammer
D5driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:04   #14
d2k

Smile

just done the trims on my car (not the same car but it'll give you an idea), i too had the walnut trim, i liked it at first but it soon wore off & i needed a more modern look.

i friend actually wrapped these for me with some cheap silver CF wrap, applying the stuff was no where near as hard as getting the trims off...... volvo certainly never expected them to come off thats for sure.
Old May 31st, 2012, 20:33   #15
gary austin

Default trim removal and wrapping

well i started today to get the walnut trim off my 2007 xc90, so i started with the cup holder in the rear which was very easy to remove basically i removed the cup holder buy releasing the clips underneath then discovered the front is held in by four clips that the front piece or trim sits in so i aplied presure from the bottom and it came off and i removed the ashtray also so ive had them wrapped to start with see pics bellow.now i decided after seeing the results of the wrap i decided to go ahead with the rest of the trim removal, so i started with the glove box ,very easy aswell two screws iether side then there are two trim clips about 8inches in from the sides so hold the trim at that location and prise it off .now the gear lever trim was next so i tilted the cupholder lid up slightly then put my two fingers in under the gear lever trim and pulled upwards and it was off so easy you then have to unclip the gaitor from the trim to alow it to come over the gear lever and thats it removed.last of all the cup holder ,so i removed the pen rest thing by pulling it upwards and it comes away the there are two screws to remove there and another two at the front where the gearlever trim came out from, the two screws have washers but its very obvious what two to remove then the whole lot comes away cup holder and top piece of centre console. hope this helps will post somemore pics soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2881.jpg (254.0 KB, 22 views)
gary austin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gary austin For This Useful Post:
Old May 31st, 2012, 21:17   #16
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary austin View Post
well i started today to get the walnut trim off my 2007 xc90, so i started with the cup holder in the rear which was very easy to remove basically i removed the cup holder buy releasing the clips underneath then discovered the front is held in by four clips that the front piece or trim sits in so i aplied presure from the bottom and it came off and i removed the ashtray also so ive had them wrapped to start with see pics bellow.now i decided after seeing the results of the wrap i decided to go ahead with the rest of the trim removal, so i started with the glove box ,very easy aswell two screws iether side then there are two trim clips about 8inches in from the sides so hold the trim at that location and prise it off .now the gear lever trim was next so i tilted the cupholder lid up slightly then put my two fingers in under the gear lever trim and pulled upwards and it was off so easy you then have to unclip the gaitor from the trim to alow it to come over the gear lever and thats it removed.last of all the cup holder ,so i removed the pen rest thing by pulling it upwards and it comes away the there are two screws to remove there and another two at the front where the gearlever trim came out from, the two screws have washers but its very obvious what two to remove then the whole lot comes away cup holder and top piece of centre console. hope this helps will post somemore pics soon
Thanks, the pics look great! Is that the 3M stuff?
bobdabuilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 22:16   #17
gary austin

i dont know my friend has it, ille ask him tomorrow what make it is, all i know is that it is sticky and had small slits in it to let air out, it turned out nice though cheers gary
gary austin is offline   Reply With Quote