Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 2.0D SE Loss of Power

Views : 4279

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 26th, 2009, 23:02   #11
7050man
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richielambert View Post
My S40 has been doing the same thing since Christmas. Has been into dealership twice so far and is back in on Thursday. 1st time they replaced EGR valve free of charge. A week later the problem reoccured. Back into dealers to be told that DPF has run out of fuel?? Refuelled and on my way.............until last week when the same problem happened again!
Lose power when pulling away in first - feels like a misfire
Lose power when accelerating past 2,000 revs in any gear
Kangaroo jumps like a learner driver when cruising at 2,000 revs

Dealer has no idea what's wrong. I had a look under the bonnet and noticed lots of air bubbles in fuel lines both from and to the filter, so had a look at father in laws galaxy engine (lo and behold the same engine) and his has some tiny bubbles but mine looked like an early learning centre bubble machine!!

HELP!!
Just re read this post and my car also a few years ago had fuel line fault that gave sudden loss of power but only on hard acceleration and higher (3000+)revs.

Fault was air being drawn into fuel line. Coincidently I also found a fuel leak on the other side of the engine, but this was not the reason for the loss of power. Took two goes before dealer found fault.

I have already posted about this. Search back to about Dec 07 or just after.
7050man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 15:48   #12
richielambert

My S40 is well again!!

After the dealership keeping it for 2 days and charging me £685 it's working fine (touch wood).

At first they thought the DPF was to blame as it had melted, something which they had noticed when it was in for the second time but didn't feel the need to tell me! Service manager said he thought it could be this and would be £400 to fix. After saying that I wasn't going to spend £400 on what he thought was wrong with my car, he said he would run more tests and get back to me. That's what he did about 2 hours later and told me my intercooler had a hole in it and that he was "pretty sure" that was the problem and that a new one inc fitting would be £400! I said that I wasn't going to spend £400 on "Pretty Sure". He said that's all he could give me! I got to keep the S80 courtesy car (very very nice) and he ordered the new part. Following day got a call at 11am to say car was ready and they needed S80 back asap.

Took car up as soon as I could, after having a coffee and finishing off some work and then walking home to get it!! Told the Service manager that if it wasn't fixed it would be coming back through the front window !!

Car drives brilliantly again now and actually has some power!

Thinking of selling, so if anyone would like a 55 reg 2.0D Sport with optional 18inch alloys give me a shout!!

Thanks to all that replied and offered help and guidance, I'll definitely be back on here!
richielambert is offline   Reply With Quote