Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Disabled Section

Notices

Disabled Section Section for disabled users.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 with Wheelchair / Scooter Hoist

Views : 4526

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 17th, 2019, 14:40   #1
davidhurst01753

Default XC90 with Wheelchair / Scooter Hoist

Just taken delivery a few weeks ago of my XC90 2019 model T6. I have a disability and needed a wheelchair hoist fitted. Very happy to help anybody with direct feedback/ support on getting one fitted and still having 6 seats working when needed or 7 if the hoist is lifted out and I switch to my manual wheel chair.

Had great support and help from Clive Brook Volvo in Huddersfield and Adapt Station Uxbridge who sorted it all out for me.

David

Complete with a mobility scooter hoist
davidhurst01753 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to davidhurst01753 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 27th, 2019, 13:18   #2
stuartvolvo
Trader

Default Xc90

Sounds great David. It looks like you had a pleasant experience. We need more of this on this page, with people describing what cars they have along with their adaptations and how they find the car in every day use.

I hope that you enjoy your new XC90.

Regards
Stuart

Volvo V70 T5 Estate - Strut Brace, Pollen Filter, Polly Mounts, Tinted Windows, Upgraded Discs, 17in Wheels, Stainless exhaust, Overhaulled turbo & wast gate, ecu remap, k&n filter, white injectors = 380+ bhp.
stuartvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2019, 19:36   #3
Mike 700
Premier Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartvolvo View Post
Sounds great David. It looks like you had a pleasant experience. We need more of this on this page, with people describing what cars they have along with their adaptations and how they find the car in every day use.

I hope that you enjoy your new XC90.

Regards
Stuart
Well, here goes then -

It begins with a V but ends with an ‘ n’ rather than an ‘o’, but that is only because the XC 40:, which I had waited a while for, proved in the end to be just too small for my particular needs.

I had an XC70 SeLux which would have taken a whole load of kit, but I was not disabled at the time , and followed this with an X90 SeLux then two XC60 R Design’s each of which would have been ideal for a Hoist etc as they all had largish boots, but not one was required for disability equipment?

I followed these with a V60 SE, which was a great size for carrying all the kit I needed as I was by now disabled and had got a bunch of stuff with me whenever l travelled, but I hadn’t realised how low the seating really was and how difficult it was to get in and out of, with a disability, so that went after 18 months.

I had looked at the XC40, and really hoped that it would be big enough for me, but alas it wasn’t, hence the Tiguan SEL , which has an extending boot space ie the seat squabs adjust, and it also has individual reclining rear seats backs and a large square-ish boot to begin with anyway.

It is an excellent car for carrying equipment, full of goodies etc, well put together, but it is still not a Volvo , it is powerful, quiet, and economical with a 7 speed DSG auto box and steering wheel paddles , but sport Mode is not comparable to the superb sport mode on the XC60 R design - perhaps because I have a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine albeit pushing out 190 horses, compared to the 2.4 litre D5’s in my Volvo’s?

The XC 40 is a very good car, and nice to drive, but a little disappointing in the boot area, where the disabled need room.

I carry a couple of walking sticks in the boot, as I have little balance these days, and a Trustcare Lets Go Out rollator which folds up, and sometimes a Pride Quest fold up mobility scooter, although I have hardly used it .

I don’t have a hoist, as such, which allows more room ,but I do have a Hercules portable hoist, which I also occasionally take with me.

Hope this is the sort of info required?

Regards .
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.

Last edited by Mike 700; Jun 27th, 2019 at 19:39.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheelchair