Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Disabled Section

Notices

Disabled Section Section for disabled users.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DLA and PIP

Views : 15058

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2016, 15:55   #11
denecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyredz View Post
Best wishes, I hope it's not too traumatic and they deal with fairly and quickly!
We're just going through it now. My wife has been on indefinite DLA since 2009, so they took a while to get round to us. Her condition has seriously deteriorated since then, because it does. When we filled in the form and answered the questions, we found a website that told us what our score should be.

To get the full mobility and the full care, you need to score 12 in each category, for a total of 24 points.

My wife's score was 72.

Yet still they want to do a face-to-face assessment. Tw@s.

Anyway, we're going to have to sell our V70. The wife can no longer use it, we need a full on wheelchair accessible vehicle.
denecaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2016, 21:31   #12
Spitfire4
Master Member

Good luck hope it goes well.
Old Nov 16th, 2016, 16:34   #13
SeanV40R

I have just turned 65 last month so I suppose its going to be more form filling for me in the future I really love form filling....not
SeanV40R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2016, 07:56   #14
NOCTURNAL
Shiny and Black :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV40R View Post
I have just turned 65 last month so I suppose its going to be more form filling for me in the future I really love form filling....not
its a nightmare isn't it

My esa ended as effectively i was in the wrong group after deterioration but id been informing the wrong department @the dwp so applied again and they found against me after 6 months waiting ... so i had to write up an 8 page doc on why they were wrong, and that's before the inevitable appeal
Stress is unbelievable \;(
The Following User Says Thank You to NOCTURNAL For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 27th, 2016, 09:35   #15
Mike 700
Premier Member

Angry

First of all I think that the Government has been exceptionally brave to tackle the shambles of the welfare bill & recipients, because waste and fraud were, and still are to a point, a disgrace, and therefore genuine claimants were/are being penalised.

Secondly however, the way that they have tackled this waste and fraud, has also been a disgrace, and a disaster for some!

Genuinely needy claimants are having their allowances substantially reduced or stopped , whilst waste & fraud is still rife.

We must stop this waste, but not this way, not by appointing a bunch of useless amateurs to assess disabled people and their needs, and getting so much wrong.

People in my grouping I.e. With 'progressive' diseases such as Parkinson's and MS & also MND, are having their allowances removed, only to go to court & to have the decisions reversed by the Judges, but at what cost, if the Government lose and have to pay the claimant's costs?

Progressive means it will get worse , not better, therefore funding may also need to be progressive ', not only for those groups mentioned, but for others also, but the thick amateurs assessing people don't understand even this one word from the English language so how much longer can they be allowed to continue?

I repeat, we really must stop the waste, for everyone's benefit, but not like this!
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 17th, 2017, 19:18   #16
Gazzza

Angry Still on dla and no pip

Dont even get me started on this....

But the jist of mine is simple Had Car crash 2007 drivers seat (ford XR4X4) went from an L to a V shape ...
So bottom back totally shot it was walking around for 2 yrs and still no better then found out I had 7 disc's out no wonder I was in pain so long story short
Spinal surgeon says back shot it NO OPERATION is going to fix it or put it right...
Cant fuse it together or I will walk like a penguin.... so 6 months later all my benefits stopped and I mean ALL had a arbitration and they except I was in pain and gave me minimum allowance £20 a week and if Iwas to contest it again they said they will stop that as well talk about BLACK MAIL ...

But im still on DLA and WONT be going to PIP according to Benefit people .. good ole England payed into the system all my life my turn to claim and ...

STOP not a penny in 2 yrs as they sort it out so all my savings about gone but im alive LOL

Rant over
Old Mar 17th, 2017, 19:48   #17
garethXC

^ surely the Insurance should have paid out to cover this though?
garethXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2017, 00:05   #18
Gazzza

Another sham is insurance ...because I had a bad back before ...and by this I mean digging the garden and had back pain for 3 days ..3 DAYS so 2 days off work ....
Yea we all had them and there fore I cannot claim ....the car crash has nothing to do with my back pain
Bearing in mind 3 days and back to work and and no problems after this and then 2 yrs after crash i'm still in pain can hardly move but insurance say ...NO pay out was car £2 and 1K for me ....

Last edited by Gazzza; Mar 18th, 2017 at 00:07.
Gazzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2017, 14:30   #19
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

My Mrs is on DLA, highest care and lower mobility, and her mobility has deteriorated but we put off changing her claim in fear of what PIP has in store for us. She has enduring mental illness and other illnesses in addition to her osteoarthritis. When she originally claimed she could stand and walk limited distances without pain but now she is in constant pain and needs her scooter whenever we go out. She really should be on higher mobility or be given hip replacements but we're to scared to claim and she's too young for replacements at 50. Catch 22

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2017, 20:25   #20
Mike 700
Premier Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
My Mrs is on DLA, highest care and lower mobility, and her mobility has deteriorated but we put off changing her claim in fear of what PIP has in store for us. She has enduring mental illness and other illnesses in addition to her osteoarthritis. When she originally claimed she could stand and walk limited distances without pain but now she is in constant pain and needs her scooter whenever we go out. She really should be on higher mobility or be given hip replacements but we're to scared to claim and she's too young for replacements at 50. Catch 22
As I understand it, at cumbrianfemale's age, DLA will be replaced by PIP in any event, so you may be simply putting off the evil day, during which time she is suffering, perhaps unnecessarily?

If the fear is 'losing benefits' then that is understandable, but the answer is to prove that she is in need of them , and not only can the doctor help, but so can you in several ways - friends of mine in the same frame of mind, have managed with some help, and it appears that there are now fewer appeals & court cases?

Genuine claimants should never fear the assessment, especially if 'without medication' they present as genuinely in need of help?
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post: