Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY17 XC60 - Volvo on call?

Views : 2151

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 4th, 2017, 05:59   #11
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
If that includes road rescue and so on, like and AA or RAC membership and covers the car with any driver, that sounds like being good value. Why do I think that maybe that isn't the case? Let's hope that if the car is dealer serviced, that it will indeed be for comprehensive roadside assistance.
You get recovery and rescue 'free' when the car is serviced by Volvo, the extra cash is for VOC only
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 07:10   #12
uro1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan8c View Post
VOC is standard on new XC90 (I have just got mine) It seems to work ok but as I have only had the car for 3 days still getting used to it all. I like the 'Send Direction bit to the Sat Nav. I had a go today and it worked.
That might be in the UK but not in all markets. For me it would have been either part of the 2300€ Winter packed (mainly VOK and fuel powered pre heater) or as stand alone for 1000€.

And playing around and showing off aside the only two real uses would be preheating from afar and the Rescue button. Preheating is no issue for me and with mobiles all around the rescue button is in the end just a convenience not worth 1000€. My personal opinion off course.
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 08:05   #13
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uro1 View Post
And playing around and showing off aside the only two real uses would be preheating from afar and the Rescue button. Preheating is no issue for me and with mobiles all around the rescue button is in the end just a convenience not worth 1000€. My personal opinion off course.
The other advantage of VOC is that in the event of an accident with the airbags deployed, an emergency call is automatically triggered together with your location. If you are unconscious, you will not be able to use your mobile phone. It might save your life.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 13:23   #14
uro1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
The other advantage of VOC is that in the event of an accident with the airbags deployed, an emergency call is automatically triggered together with your location. If you are unconscious, you will not be able to use your mobile phone. It might save your life.
If there are no other people around - yes that΄s the one scenario it would be really useful.
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 14:46   #15
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Don't know if anyone has renewed their on call sub recently but the price seems to have dropped considerably. Received 3 years free when i bought the car but for the last 2 years i have had to pay to renew at a cost of about £125 a year. Was wondering whether to renew again this year but thought what the hell i will. Pleasantly surprised it came out at £35. The cost is in Swedish Kroner and is converted. Wonder why they have dropped the price so much its unusual in this day and age,
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 16:43   #16
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
Wonder why they have dropped the price so much its unusual in this day and age,
Perhaps in line with the reduction in mobile data charges over the years ?
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 19:15   #17
andymcp
Premier Member

Yep, I renewed this year for £34.50. Bargain really.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andymcp For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 22:11   #18
Considered1
Premier Member

My three years will be up in May, might sound a silly question but how did you get in touch to renew. I dont want to press the red button!
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 22:26   #19
pagan8c
Master Member

Have you tried the dealer?
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2017, 09:27   #20
andymcp
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
My three years will be up in May, might sound a silly question but how did you get in touch to renew. I dont want to press the red button!
There's a link in the app that covers your expiry date (this may have only appeared in the last 30 day countdown, can't remember) that takes you to a renew page. I was away when mine expired so there was some additional faff to reactivate - I paid through the app, then had to call the dealer for the activation code, then sit in the car, enter the code and go through a test call before it was fully up and running. I'd presume it's much simpler if you don't forget to renew before the cut-off date

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andymcp For This Useful Post: