Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Self opening boot

Views : 1558

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 12th, 2018, 16:52   #11
MaDProFF
Master Member

Ironically I got something out of my boot, today, (XC60 T8 MY19) press the locked button, it started to come down, walked away, half way cross the car park, looked back and it was wide fully open
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2018, 18:39   #12
BARNEYROVER
VOC Member

Did you have anything else in boot that could have been hit when door came down. It only needs the slightest touch when nearly closed to send it back up again
BARNEYROVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2018, 21:28   #13
MaDProFF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNEYROVER View Post
Did you have anything else in boot that could have been hit when door came down. It only needs the slightest touch when nearly closed to send it back up again
yes, but point is I did not know as it is so slow, but then I thought it only opened a little not all the way up to top.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2018, 21:45   #14
BARNEYROVER
VOC Member

Yes it’s on the slow side but it does open fully if it hits an obstruction
BARNEYROVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 09:04   #15
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNEYROVER View Post
Yes it’s on the slow side but it does open fully if it hits an obstruction
On the XC90 at least, the central locking makes a good clunk, so I just listen for that as I walk away from a close+locking boot.

:wq
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 11:29   #16
gaby
Premier Member

I never walk away from the car without looking at it after I pressed the close button on the keyfob.
Old Sep 17th, 2018, 14:26   #17
steladamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
+1 for disabling when electrics are plugged in, but then that wouldn't help the accidental triggering when you move into plug in the electrics! A simple disable option with Sensus setting would do for me! My work around is to put the key out of range of the boot when I'm messing around down there!

Regarding the OP's original question, its odd that the VOC app didn't show the boot open, maybe this suggests a failure rather than an unfortunate accidental opening.

No need for Sensus settings. If you leave your FoB in the car or at least not have it on you, then the sensor is not working to open the boot.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 09:39   #18
NathanJT

Out of interest what's the range on the keys? I've always kept my keyless entry keys in a Faraday bag (Audi and Ford) for obvious reasons. I now have visions of the neighborhood cats being able to open the boot just by walking under the car!
NathanJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 09:43   #19
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJT View Post
Out of interest what's the range on the keys? I've always kept my keyless entry keys in a Faraday bag (Audi and Ford) for obvious reasons. I now have visions of the neighborhood cats being able to open the boot just by walking under the car!
I think the 'exact' range is detailed somewhere in the manual, but its a matter of a few feet. I know for example that if my wife has the key in her bag and I press the close and lock button on the boot door, it won't work unless she is stood right at my side.

The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 09:57   #20
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJT View Post
Out of interest what's the range on the keys?
Roughly a 1 metre semi-circle from the B posts and similar distance from centre rear of car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post: