Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

960 front wings

Views : 1405

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 5th, 2018, 23:54   #11
ThePurplePanther
Member at Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Not Lakes by any chance Phil?

On your theory of the "hamptons", should we feel sorry for those that live in "Littlehampton"?
Not sure what they are called, think it is guardian global cars. Been emailing them for a while, bought a few bits a while ago and heading up for the 1st time as i'm after a fair few bits... i'll report back with my findings

And I would never dream of commenting on the majesty of ones Hampton...

PP
ThePurplePanther is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePurplePanther For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 01:21   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurplePanther View Post
Not sure what they are called, think it is guardian global cars. Been emailing them for a while, bought a few bits a while ago and heading up for the 1st time as i'm after a fair few bits... i'll report back with my findings

And I would never dream of commenting on the majesty of ones Hampton...

PP
This is the one i'm thinking of Phil, not quite Northamptonshire, on the borders of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire :

http://www.lakes4volvo.co.uk/

Sadly they're running down now, the two brothers that own it are well past normal retirement age and neither is in what could be said to be good health, the mountain of Volvos previously visible from outer space is now more of a hill but there was a time that if they didn't have a part, Volvo never fitted it!

I suppose round your neck of the woods Silverlake is the only half-decent yard but they were moving onto the newer stuff 20+ years back, there were a couple of good ones at Colden Common and Twyford and i believe there is still an active breaker down near Dorchester that gets a lot of Volvos in. Quite often advertises their spares on ebay.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 10:33   #13
ThePurplePanther
Member at Large

That's good to know, they are a little closer and may be worth a visit if as you say they are, understandably, packing it in.

And Silverlakes are pretty good, I know someone (aquaintance) who works there which is very handy. Unfortunatly they tend to do more modern stuff now rather than the old gals that for some reason continue to tickle my picke far more than the modern stuff with... shudder... curves on the body pannels!

Many thanks

PP
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 10:52   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
That's good to know, they are a little closer and may be worth a visit if as you say they are, understandably, packing it in.

And Silverlakes are pretty good, I know someone (aquaintance) who works there which is very handy. Unfortunatly they tend to do more modern stuff now rather than the old gals that for some reason continue to tickle my picke far more than the modern stuff with... shudder... curves on the body pannels!

Many thanks

PP
Having a quick look on fleabay Phil and there's a dark blue 940 estate being broken much closer to your home :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-940...sAAOSwAC1Z~h65

Also managed to find the seller near Dorchester (actually Bridport, my mistake!) that always seems to have a lot of Volvo stuff. This listing is for an 850 starter motor but you can bookmark the seller for future reference :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-850...wAAOSwKrhVW8UK

Hope that saves you a lengthy drive!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 11:49   #15
ThePurplePanther
Member at Large

Many thanks Laird.

I've already been, and pilfered, from the blue one around the corner from me. Fitted a boost gauge tacho to my 940 and swiped the turbo airbox.

The owner of the yard is the absolute spitting image of Randy Quaid in independance day!

The other seller certainly looks interesting... esp as i am planning a t6 swap at some point for my 960

PP
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 12:39   #16
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Many thanks Laird.

I've already been, and pilfered, from the blue one around the corner from me. Fitted a boost gauge tacho to my 940 and swiped the turbo airbox.

The owner of the yard is the absolute spitting image of Randy Quaid in independance day!

The other seller certainly looks interesting... esp as i am planning a t6 swap at some point for my 960

PP
I'm not a big film watcher but always find it amusing when someone in real life bears a striking resemblance to someone in a film or tv program.
My MoT tester for example looks scarily similar to Boss Hogg in the tv series of the Dukes of Hazzard, except for the ever-present cigar.

Old Sep 17th, 2018, 22:26   #17
monty400k

Still on he lookout for a drivers wing of anyone has one in the Glasgow area...
monty400k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 22:43   #18
monty400k

Wings still required, ideally dark blue
monty400k is offline   Reply With Quote