Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Full software update

Views : 4268

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 7th, 2018, 18:19   #1
S90
IT Guru

Default Full software update

So car was in today for couple of issues, insane auto wipers, A/C behaving odd plus some other bits. I do get on with the dealership which helps and they did a full system update.

So it feels much nicer to drive, Pilot Assist is excellent on corners, Sensus seems much faster!
Old Sep 7th, 2018, 20:32   #2
WhatNext?

I think it's time manufacturers deliver user DIY updates as an opt in feature.
Old Sep 8th, 2018, 13:50   #3
anotherv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
So car was in today for couple of issues, insane auto wipers, A/C behaving odd plus some other bits. I do get on with the dealership which helps and they did a full system update.

So it feels much nicer to drive, Pilot Assist is excellent on corners, Sensus seems much faster!
I agree, I had the new software update and Pilot Assist is much improved (after driving in Germany I found it works above well above the 80mph level now too).
Old Sep 8th, 2018, 16:19   #4
Converted

Yes, I also noticed the stop/start is more smooth and no longer seems to stop too early after a recent software update with my S90 by the dealer...
Converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2018, 13:48   #5
S90
IT Guru

So, a week or so in with the new software and the difference is night and day. The car is much much smoother now, changes gears at the right time.

I do have PS on the car, but was starting to think it was a waste of time as the car was always a bit unrefined in terms of gear change.

Not sure what the latest software has done, but its nothing short of incredible, in every drive mode it now drives like it should have from day one.

Pilot Assist is much better and seems to work with a lot more finesse, start stop is much better and with the Pilot Assist steering on its less aggressive when you try to intervene.

Not sure why we can't just book the car in for a full update when we want rather than waiting for a service or for enough complaining about gremlins, but if you have a dealer that will do it, Id get it booked in.
Old Sep 12th, 2018, 23:04   #6
macklij
Member since 2007

I haven't got my XC60 t5 yet. Hopefully only a couple of weeks or so.

Can you display software versions? And if so what is the latest version, so I can check when I take delivery.

Thanks
macklij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 08:35   #7
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macklij View Post

Can you display software versions?
Unfortunately, no.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 09:18   #8
Milliner

Mines due a service and one of my comments when it goes in will be about pilot assist. It was fine to begin with but seems a bit off nowadays - to the left mainly - but enough that I don't feel as confident with it anymore.

Will ask the dealership about the software.

I believe, though correct me if I'm wrong, that major updates reset the cars learning of your driving style, so maybe that would account for the smoother transmission? Of course if it was a PS upgrade then that's a different matter.

Either way, if it's better than before, it's a win.
Milliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2018, 20:37   #9
neon
Premier Member

Mine is in in just over a week for it's annual service so will interesting to see what the difference is. No other issues for them to look at (that can be fixed anyway by the dealer) so I am impressed with my first Volvo so far after 2 years of ownership.
Old Sep 14th, 2018, 21:18   #10
Goodshot

Picking mine up on Monday - surely I don't have to ask if software is fully up to date - or maybe I should!