Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VEA D4 idle speed

Views : 1044

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 17th, 2018, 14:51   #11
Andy D60

Default Tick over speed

Hi,

I have a 2014 S60 d4 VEA engine. Tick over speed is never more than 850 rpm. It is very stable so I would say you have a problem there. No idea what it is mind!

Andy.
Andy D60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy D60 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 17th, 2018, 15:16   #12
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendolfc View Post
Does sound a bit high, however I'd be wary about getting down to those speeds in 6th as the DMF will be generating heat smoothing out the roughness of the mismatch in speed / gearing. It isn't likely to do much good for the components longevity.
As I already explained, that was merely an example!!!
Old Sep 17th, 2018, 18:15   #13
Zebster
Upstanding Member

I have investigated my 'high idle problem' and found that it only appears to be high due to the odd and obviously inaccurate scaling of the rev counter in certain dashboard display modes.

My (facelift) model has the dash with three display themes. In both 'eco' and 'elegance' modes the speedometer occupies the dominant circular central area, while the rev counter is merely a small, non-linear display off to the side. In these display modes the idle indication is practucally 1000 RPM, as I originally found to be of concern when using my default 'elegance' mode.

However if the 'performance' theme display mode is selected then the rev counter occupies the dominant circular central area, giving a large linear analogue indication of RPM... in this mode my hot idle shows as ~850 RPM, which would be correct.

So I don't have an engine idle problem at all, merely a misleading rev counter display in certain dash display modes.