Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'66 122s

Views : 2579

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:38   #11
222s
Amazoniste

random noise - welcome to Amazon ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austingipsy View Post
Weather like this makes you thankful for that volcanic heater
Tell me about it! One of my colleages is Finnish, and as he lives near me, I gave him a lift into work this morning. Even he was impressed with how quickly the Amazon's heater kicked in. Needless to say, the old bus also started immediately too, depite being absolutely covered in ice

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:46   #12
48pop

Relieved to hear you got home OK !

Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_noise View Post
I'm now the proud owner of an Amazon!

Big thanks to Gerry, couldn't have wished for a nicer / more helpful person to buy a car from.

Made it all the way to Aberdeen with no problems (although I did have to drive at 30 along the motorway for a fair bit because of the snow).

Managed not to stall it at all until I pulled in to the street I was parking it on.
For some reason I just couldnt find 2nd when changing down. And I'm yet to attempt the tricky reverse gear again.

Will probably be posting lots of messages on the forum as I try to figure out how to work on an old car.

Cheers,

Dave
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 19:21   #13
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_noise View Post
Made it all the way to Aberdeen with no problems (although I did have to drive at 30 along the motorway for a fair bit because of the snow).
Indeed, an adventurous drive home for you, Dave. I had my Amazon out in the snow today too. Although it was nothing like what ye are getting up there. And yes, I was certainly glad of the fantastic heater! Nice and toasty!!