Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Which fuse is for the dome/map lights and sub visor lights

Views : 642

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 21:56   #1
Jas0nw

Default Which fuse is for the dome/map lights and sub visor lights

Hello,

I changed most of my internal bulbs and had no issues until I changed the ones on the sun visor when i stupidly used a screwdriver to push out the existing bulb and now I think a fuse has gone, as the sun visor lights have stopped working and so have the map/dome lights (front and rear). All other lights are unaffected by it inside the car. I have looked at the list of fuses but can not work out which one just does those lights as, for example, it says sunroof, interior lights, but my sunroof works fine and nothing else seems to no longer work other than those lights! The car is a 2016 XC60.

Thanks for any advice offered.
Jas0nw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 00:36   #2
Deck1ng
Master Member

Does not the outer cover of the fuse box tell you which fuse is which, whilst inside shows a map of their location. You should have two boxes to go at under the glove box? But you’ve checked this already, try putting the old build back in.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deck1ng For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 09:37   #3
b1mcp

Try Fuse 6 (7.5A) in the CEM fusebox, under the glovebox. (That's for 2015 model but yours probably the same).
The Following User Says Thank You to b1mcp For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 10:20   #4
Jas0nw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck1ng View Post
Does not the outer cover of the fuse box tell you which fuse is which, whilst inside shows a map of their location. You should have two boxes to go at under the glove box? But you’ve checked this already, try putting the old build back in.
Thank you. I had only reviewed the digital manual as assumed that would show the same as printed fuse box cover itself? I will have a look this evening thanks. I put the old bulbs back in but still doesn't work. There was a very tiny flash right before the bulbs stopped so can only assume it's the fuse that went. Thanks again
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 10:21   #5
Jas0nw

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1mcp View Post
Try Fuse 6 (7.5A) in the CEM fusebox, under the glovebox. (That's for 2015 model but yours probably the same).
Thank you for your response. I have ordered a box of various fuses so will see if that one is blown. Having looked at the manual though, the fuse you mention says rain sensor as well as interior lights, but my rain sensor is working still! Grrr
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 10:54   #6
b1mcp

I think (not 100% sure) that if the Rain Sensor module is out, the system will default to intermittent wiper. So it may appear to be working but actually isn't.

(That's how it works on V70 cars anyway).
The Following User Says Thank You to b1mcp For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 11:53   #7
Jas0nw

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1mcp View Post
I think (not 100% sure) that if the Rain Sensor module is out, the system will default to intermittent wiper. So it may appear to be working but actually isn't.

(That's how it works on V70 cars anyway).
Right gotcha, thanks. I am only assuming it's working as when I press it the little green light appears on wiper stalk. Perhaps it lights up even if the module isn't working due to a fuse. I will certainly take a look at that fuse and see if it's blown. Thanks again