Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Funny idel

Views : 620

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 20th, 2018, 15:21   #11
Cachris

Thanks for the info.

The wiring loom that currently covers the wires is so brittle that it crumbles when you touch it. The car is old, being a 2000 and does not appear to be taken care of very well. Thought I would change the wire covering while I was working on the other items.
Cachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 13:47   #12
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

Got it. The black, plastic "wire holder togetherer" conduit stuff.

Make certain to get high temperature "loom". I went to an electric supply house and bought a bunch of the stuff to supply my life for years ahead.

Turns out I bought interior grade stuff which crumbled away almost immediately. Never drop your guard.
Georgeandkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 12:56   #13
Cachris

So I got the ETM off and cleaned up. However I noticed that I have a film of oil in the in the tube leading to the ETM, is this normal?

Last edited by Cachris; Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:59.
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 14:51   #14
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

Normal, yes but not desirable. A failing seal on the turbocharger's shaft can lead to oil in the "charge air path".
Georgeandkira is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Georgeandkira For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 19:05   #15
Cachris

Well, everything is back together and the Idle is better maybe not perfect but close. Going to change the spark plugs next weekend to see how that Improves things