Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FBHVC - Increased Ethanol Content

Views : 631

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 20th, 2018, 19:00   #1
VolvoFan
Master Member

Default FBHVC - Increased Ethanol Content

This information from the FBHVC should interest & concern all our members with older vehicles.

Dear Enthusiast,

The Department of Transport has issued a consultation document on the subject of introducing higher levels of ethanol in petrol.

Many older vehicles are likely to suffer damage and possibly dangerous fuel leaks if the E10 grade of petrol is used without modification to their fuel systems.

For the purposes of this consultation the Government is focussing on vehicles more than 25 years old.

Whilst wishing to introduce the higher ethanol level E10 grade of fuel, the Government are guaranteeing a 'protection grade' of petrol at the E5 grade that is equivalent to the currently available 95 RON petrol. However this guarantee will only last until 2020 when further consultation will take place.

It is likely that on the introduction of E10 at the 95 RON level, the currently available 'Super' grades with an octane level of 97 RON or higher, will cease to be available.

The Federation has designed a survey on petrol useage in older vehicles which will provide valuable evidence in the consultation response.

Please complete the survey and help the Federation preserve our right to use 'Yesterday's Vehicles on Tomorrow's Roads'.

The survey can be accessed by clicking this link. Ethanol Survey.

If you wish to read the consultation document it can be found by following this link Department for Transport consultation.

Please encourage your friends and fellow enthusiasts to complete the survey, just forward this email and they will be able to follow the survey link. The survey will close on 31 August 2018 in order to collate the results for the Federation's response to the consultation. A copy of the response will be made available on the Federation's website.

Thank you for supporting the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs and helping to keep historic vehicles on the road.

Paul Chasney
Director - Research

Please complete the survey as advised. Thank you.
VolvoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 21:06   #2
Groundes-Peace
Master Member

Please can I suggest you put an easy link here?
I went on the Federation's website and could not find the survey....
Groundes-Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Groundes-Peace For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 00:00   #3
Army
marches on his stomach

Here's the link for the survey

https://paulc1.typeform.com/to/Bt7HKS

Here's the link for the information

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...pump-labelling

(Found on another forum)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 11:42   #4
VolvoFan
Master Member

Thanks for posting the correct links; I had difficulty in transferring them to the forum from my initial information and am not sure why!
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 15:27   #5
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoFan View Post
Thanks for posting the correct links; I had difficulty in transferring them to the forum from my initial information and am not sure why!
You're welcome.

Some software doesn't automatically recognise the URL "hidden" behind the text when pasting.

If you want to know how to adapt I can post instructions
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 12:34   #6
VolvoFan
Master Member

Thanks. That would be very helpful.
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 15:43   #7
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoFan View Post
Thanks. That would be very helpful.
I've added the following in image form to stop this website from thinking I'm actually trying to do it

(If I type in the symbols then you can't see how I did it)

To find the URL in the text that you are copying you need to right click on the original web page (the source that you are copying) and copy the URL that is hidden "under" the (blue) text.

Once you have the URL copied you can edit the "here" bits of text using the example in the image above. In the image above the word rules would show instead of "here".

Obviously the text can be changed and the URL can be changed in the example above. This site doesn't check to see if your URL is going to the right place so it is best to click on the link you have just made to make sure it goes to where it should.

And if you're smart when you see these embedded links on forums and emails it is always best to hover over these URLS to see where they go before clicking on them to make sure someone nasty isn't sending you off to a nasty site (!)

I've used the method above in my signature to direct people to my silly big thread just in case they have too much time on their hands...
Attached Images
File Type: png Example of adding link.png (42.7 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Army; Aug 22nd, 2018 at 15:45.
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 20:51   #8
VolvoFan
Master Member

Thanks for your trouble.